What's the last bit of tech you bought?

Looking forward to the AirPods generation 2 turning up today, and at some point, the Apple Watch Ultra (probably in October). And that’s going to be it for a looooooooong while.

6 Likes

Husbands AirPods Pro 2 arriving today. I will spy on his and see if I want to use my Apple Watch trade in money to buy some for myself. (I forgot to trade in my old watch at the time I bought the new one).

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen, the AirPods gen 2 are going to be pretty darned impressive. As for the Apple Watch Ultra, I could definitely make use of that action button. Also the speakers and microphone are much improved too and I do occasionally make and receive calls on the watch…

Also waiting patiently for my AirPods 2 to arrive. Driver is on stop 17 out of 28.

Can I sneak out to the shops or is that tempting fate?!

4 Likes

These are the reasons I wish I could swim…

Hoping my AirPods Pro last me until v2.1 where they switch to USB C charging :pray:.

1 Like

Just copped the Airpod Pros Gen 2, currently have Gen 2 and 3 Airpods and the Gen 1 Airpod Pros, so it will be interesting to see the improvements across the range.

I have the gen 1 Pros and looking to upgrade if the noise cancellation is a lot better.

1 Like

I’ll come back to this after a few days or a week of using them and let you know just how much better they are if you want, I’ve seen a few reviews which is why I’ve bought them

2 Likes

Having used a pair for a few weeks, it’s getting harder and harder to hold on for USB-C AirPods Max…

Would be appreciated!

1 Like

I’m not really in the market for AirPods Max. But I definitely wouldn’t consider them until they can handle lossless audio.

My Apple Watch Ultra is being delivered today…

2 Likes

Just set up my Pro 2’s. I’m running out of device naming conventions right now :confused:

I can hear the sound of my keyboard click-clacking through the noise cancellation (Cherry MX Blues…)…

But having switched back to my Gen 1’s, it’s definitely a lot more dampened.

I’m going to nip out on the tube later to see how they fare compared to that. So far they seem nice.

7 Likes

I am trying mine out. But in a quiet flat it is hard to know how much better. I agree a little run on the bakerloo line will put them through their paces. Found gen 1 didn’t do a great job. Not going to make a special trip though.

2 Likes

Why go to the tube when you can bring the tube to you! Blast this out through another speaker from the comfort of your home! :laughing:

4 Likes

and if that video doesn’t work you could use this one: Girls Aloud - Sound Of The Underground (Official Video) - YouTube

12 Likes

perfect! :joy: :joy:

Really impressed with the 2nd Gen AirPod Pro. Even with noise cancellation off, the music really does stand front and centre of everything. Though I think Apple should include XL ear tips as apparently I have larger than large lugholes :wink:

1 Like

Alright so my very official and scientific test here…

While wandering around this afternoon, have made a few measurements with a decibel measuring app.

On a pavement adjacent to a main-ish road, with frequent traffic and occasional bus, HGV etc…. Measuring about 65 decibels in average.

With Gen2 you can hear a very quiet thrum of cars, and buses etc sound like a small fan in the background. With music playing you wouldn’t hear the quieter traffic, and the larger traffic is noticeable, but you might not realise it’s a truck.

On the Victoria Line, decibels measured on average 75 db, with a max of 90.

You can hear the louder grinds of breaks and squeaks, but these sound like a dull thrum in the background. More noticeable than cars on the street, but not much more.

Other peoples conversations, announcements etc, couldn’t particular distinguish.

On the Northern Line, averaged about 80db between stops, max 92. Same sort of feeling as before, more of a rumble in the background.

On both lines the Gen 2s were way better than G1s at quieting the noise, the low level rumbles of the tube much reduced.

I had the volume around 35-40% and I could hear it over the tube, Vs closer to 55-60% maybe with the G1. For what that’s worth.

I would say the G2s I’m highly likely to walk into traffic without hearing it unlike the Gen 1s.

So that’s a thing.

4 Likes