What will the process be for a full account?

Ahhh just looked, not been on it for so long so must have come then.

Thatā€™s the worst score lol. Probably are not allowed to reduce your your points by 250 points & as you canā€™t remember why Iā€™m starting wonder about the legitimacy of your tale. I have never heard of any of the three credit referencing agencies just taking 250 points of peopleā€™s score for no reason . & I have done research & none of the three agencyā€™s have changed there operating procedures nor have any one i know had 250 points off there score. Can anyone else smell manure?

hope you guys know that a ā€˜credit scoreā€™ is just made up and has no impact on your ability to obtain credit. Each credit company has their own rules for who gets credit and what amount and from my understanding theses rules are not shared with anyone including the CRA. The ā€˜credit scoreā€™ is just marketing used by the CRA to get you to purchase the more premium versions of their service instead of the ā€˜statutory credit reportā€™ which costs Ā£2.

There are other services such as clearscore which provides your ā€˜credit scoreā€™ for free on the chance that you will signup to a credit provider through their website and they will get a kickback.

1 Like

Your generic credit score does correlate with the decision making processes of individual credit checks

Hereā€™s mate. Yeh I use all three. They seem a little more impacting than you suggest in my humble opinion :slight_smile:

A ā€˜credit scoreā€™ by a CFA is only an indication, it doesnā€™t not actually effect how likely you are to be accepted or refused for credit as each credit company uses their own formulas to make a judgement about your credit worthiness.

1 Like

Obviously didnā€™t look that hard

3 Likes

Thanks ā€¦ I never saw this.

Maybe you should change your previous comment where you said I was taking shit all because you can not use Google.

1 Like

Come on now, there is no need to degrade this to personal attacks and demands.

3 Likes

I actually refrained from using profanities on a public site. I can use google just found it hard to believe. But shocking as the article is . & factual perhaps regarding the new way they score & that some people indeed did have their scores reduced unfair & shocking . What I do not agree with is the impact a credit score has on a decision by a lender. I used to have great credit , & everything I asked for I always got the ā€œwe are please to say yes " blah blahā€ Then after personal matters impacted my career & this my credit score as I had a few agreement too pay arrangements I suddenly started getting "noā€™S & my bank asked for my over draughted back. I retract my "manure comment but you did seem very vague on a topic you raised . Perhaps posting a link to this article in the beggining would have been helpful. You were pretty vague & had little memory of an event (or so you implied) on a event , namely losing 250 points , which had happened to me I would be very aware as to what had caused this & it would be burned into my memory. Peace.:v:ļø

Iā€™ve never understood why a positive credit score was needed for a basic current account with no credit facility. This is one area you could clean up.

When I returned to the UK after a stint abroad, my credit was non-existent because my history had dropped off the 6 year cliff, and I found it difficult to get a simple high-street bank account. The one I did get (Natwest) took 6 weeks to issue the cards, and that was after pleading with them to reconsider my rejected app.

Meanwhile, I went over to the US and opened up a local checking account and secured credit card with just a passport. No credit checks needed.

Maybe the ā€˜under-bankedā€™ is a good target demographic?

I think that currently the way credit is worked out in this economy is messed up and a lot of new fintech companies are trying to fix this hence the rise of clearscore among others.

One company which :mondo: could look at is Friendly score It is a pretty intresting proposition.

What is innovative about our product?

Social media is a highly personalized and internationally standard source of big data optimized for the millennial generation and, increasingly, the underbanked populations as well. Using it to for credit scoring is revolutionary for two reasons. First, we can analyze a lot of the same data that traditional scores do, such as education, employment and residential history, on a much larger portion of the population than traditional scores can. Second, we can find new predictive factors such as social network strength and behavioral, communication and lifestyle patterns, potentially improving the overall process of credit decision-making forever.

We plan to become the first international social media credit bureau servicing financial institutions. Taken from https://friendlyscore.com/page/about-us

What are the community thoughts?

The credit checks Mondo does are simply for identity checking. They arenā€™t doing scoring.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t scoring be needed for overdrafts?? And if its just to check who you are why not just ask for your passport ID @daniel from the Mondo team had a fantastic idea for using the chip in your passport for identification by tapping it using NFCā€¦(sum next level ish) :blush:

Once Mondo start offering overdraft, yes. Until then, they only verify your identity using credit checks.

Mondo as far as Iā€™m aware doesnā€™t plan to have a specific student account. But they do however have done decent plans for students.

The passport ID thing would require that Mondo had both a way of reading the passport RFID chip (not currently possible with iOS), and access to the passport database - which is very far from trivial.

I believe Revolut already do it on Android!

I know that. I meant other banks.