What password manager does everyone use?

To be honest, 1Password is the easiest one to use and has great user experience, I’d consider it the total opposite of geeky.

2 Likes

pass (just a GPG wrapper) + git + https://f-droid.org/packages/com.zeapo.pwdstore/

This is one of things that makes 1Password amazing - Travel Mode, which “hides” your details when crossing borders.

https://blog.agilebits.com/2017/05/18/introducing-travel-mode-protect-your-data-when-crossing-borders/

4 Likes

Personally I use LastPass, find it excellent for what it does and also handy for storing card data.
At work I use ManageEngine Password Manager. Expensive but trumps many other products out there. Also a added bonus it plugs in to Revoloutions Remote Desktop Manager. (Great if you’re an IT admin)

1 Like

In addition to this, not sure if you saw it, but they’re recently made it so that you can cross check your passwords with those listed in HaveIBeenPwned, which is a list of leaked passwords from various hacks/cracks on companies.

Really handy for checking you’re being password smart!

Edit: Blog post here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2018/02/22/finding-pwned-passwords-with-1password/

2 Likes

I’m liking the idea of storing my work password in a separate vault too, but will additional vaults be free?

Yes, pretty much that: minus Last pass.

I have returned to the 1Password Family. Tired of how laggy LastPass had become.

1 Like

A notebook and a pen

1 Like

We use 1Password at work, and I also have a personal 1P account.

IMO, the LastPass UI and UX is beyond awful. Never seen something so buggy and badly designed.

2 Likes

I could get past the UI for the sake of it being free, but how buggy the extension was and then it became slow, I just gave up. Looking forward to 1Password 7 on Mac and Windows.

2 Likes

I use KeeWeb - a nice-looking cross-platform app, compatible with KeePass files.

Ditched lastpass completely after the last price increase and use bitwarden now. Seems much better plus regular updates. The price is right too (basically, free, or $10 a year if you really want to give them money).

I’d ditch lastpass at work too if it wasn’t the pain of changing. Don’t trust it any more, plus the UI is getting worse.

2 Likes

I use 1Password for personal stuff and a combo of Chrome Autofill and Last Pass at work

But I do love 1Password :smiley:

1 Like

OK, I take this back. Having been ‘away’ from 1Password for a couple of years, I’ve just returned to it and ditched LastPass. It feels liberating. It’s way better than a) 1Password used to be (especially on a PC) and b) than LastPass. Clean, faultless, crisp, useable.

Thanks to this thread for convincing me to try it again.

5 Likes

1Password’s new Watchtower feature comparing passwords to the Pawned database is brilliant. It just told me one I was still using (regularly) had been compromised in the past. It’s one I used to use as a default and thought I’d changed it everywhere but because I was autofilling I’d never realised. I’ve also enabled 2FA on every site that supports it (and it alerted me that amazon.co.uk introduced it at some point - I remember checking when amazon.com got it and .uk didn’t have it). I’m more than happy to keep paying them £3.50 a month to keep all my account secure.

I just wish more apps would allow you to fill from a password manager from their login screens, there are still some I have to skip out of to copy and paste.

3 Likes

My password is the same for everything and I don’t care if people have it, it’s the E-Mail they have to guess.

1 Like

Same here, I kind of just ended up using it without realising and then thought “this is handy!” I do like some of the additional features of 1password though. But iCloud Keychain offers me enough that I don’t need to move away.

I use Authy for my 2 step code generations.

What’s with the Lastpass pricing structure? I recently paid the £24 or whatever it is, but can’t work out what features that gives me that the first one doesn’t? I use it on iPhone/iPad and Chrome on computers?

£24 for Lastpass seems quite steep, given the information on their website.