What is this emoji?

Yes this!

3 Likes

The MS Windows emoji description for :pray: is โ€˜folded handsโ€™. Ouch!

4 Likes

I mean in no universe are those hands folded.

5 Likes

@Revels
Agree on those, as high 5 is more clear when you see a palm :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t4:

If both hands would have different colour sleeves, it wouldnโ€™t look as someone โ€œis prayingโ€ :thinking:

:pray: :pray:t4: :pray:t6: no matter what skin colour I choose, sleeves are same. So both hands must belong to a same person :relieved:

3 Likes

Itโ€™s a high five.

I used to believe :eggplant: and :peach: were vegetables/fruit, but I have recently discovered I am way off. No matter what you do, someone is bound to decide on an alternate use, it seems! :eyes:

7 Likes

If itโ€™s a high five, itโ€™s between a right handed person and lefty, who are both wearing the same colour top!

Or maybe, one of them lost their thumb in an accident in a munitions factory.

1 Like

Wow thatโ€™s years old an all though :sweat_smile:

Some of the suggestions when you keyword search for terms are interestingโ€ฆ

:joy:

2 Likes

Yes, those have different (additional) meaning in LGBT community :sweat_smile:, especially in corresponding photos :camera_flash:

1 Like

Looks like some wording (straight) is not as colourful/cheerful as it could be :speak_no_evil::speech_balloon:

1 Like

TBF I thought it was an urban myth. I canโ€™t say Iโ€™ve used either, I tend to stick to two or three main emojis for pretty much all cases. Maybe I need to expand my vocabulary.

According to Unicode themselves,

https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html#1f64f

Folded hands, and in this publicationโ€ฆ

But as we all know, Language evolves with how it is used, and I would say emoji is part of that. And if Frauded is a word then this can certainly mean High Five

3 Likes

But then we all know frauded isnโ€™t a wordโ€ฆ

Monzo probably use :pray: to denote โ€˜fraudedโ€™.

3 Likes

It is

frauded

1. simple past tense and past participle of fraud

giphy(1)

frauded

1. An accidental misspelling by a monzo intern, which rather than admitting their mistake, they prentended it was an actual word

Is that how you do it?

7 Likes

Prentending to frauded?

Those folk at :monzo: I have seen use it are definitely in the โ€œthank youโ€ category

1 Like