We've started reporting to Experian

I’d suggest for future reference that if you want an update, ask for an update rather than chucking words like ‘blame’ around.

Of course there is. There are plenty of reasons that could apply here all the way through from commercial agreements limiting what can be put online to the fact that there are apparently people getting ill quite a lot at the moment.

Oh, and the fact that updating entitled forum members isn’t exactly an important part of running a bank :joy:

8 Likes

My initial post did just ask for an update with an additional comment showing my frustration with this. I made a switch to do all my banking to Monzo while not being aware of the entire consequences of doing so and while I’m not going to go into the full situation I have a very keen interest in this being resolved.

I switched to Monzo on how this forum use to be with an active Monzo presence. My first experience was a Monzo employee fixing an issue for me late at night from a comment I made on this forum. I’m frustrated in the way Monzo have changed to be the point my communication with my traditional bank was better.

You may see my comments as harsh, but it is somewhat down to having quite a bad experience with communication with Monzo in general.

Hey

I hear your frustration and sorry for the delay in getting this data on your Experian credit report but there isn’t much we can do.

We have already been reporting to Experian for the last few months and I did attempt to email Experian the other week (when Jack last messaged 20 days ago) to ask what the status was but they are understandably very busy with other world events.

I will make sure to message on the forum if we get any update from Experian.

Happy self isolating :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Thank you for the update. I appreciate hearing that you have chased it up with Equifax.

Monzo are reporting to Experian - if you’re looking for it in Equifax then that’ll definitely explain why it’s not there!

9 Likes

Oops that was just a mistake but it would be great if it was Equifax too. From what i’ve seen though most companies seem to check Experian so not a massive issue.

Thanks for the update @TheoGibson. Experian work to their own very slow timescales at the best of times, so no doubt in the current climate these will be a lot slower. Stay safe.

FYI Monzo have appeared on my Experian Expert credit report just this morning.

2 Likes

Also just checked my Experian report this morning and is now showing on mine too :tada:

Yep mine too!

I just signed up to a 30 day free trial with Experian’s CreditExpert service, and immediately got an email saying “Your email address and password are being illegally published and sold online.” :worried:

Did anyone else have this alert upon signing up? :man_shrugging:t3:

Edit: I’ve found a thread on MoneySavingExpert about this exact issue dating back to 2015! https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5221424/experian-email-and-password-alert/p1

Since this thread was created Monzo have still not shown on my Experian report, the most recent being crested this 05/04/2020

If you have expert it should be showing now

clearscore have launched something similar, they basically run you email address through db of password leaks and show you the hits

1 Like

Anyone seen it on theirs yet?

Yes.

3 Likes

Ofc if you click on it does it show account started as when you created your Monzo account?

Yes.

8 Likes

I actually don’t recall any of my accounts appearing on Experian reports until after they have 3+ months of live data (rather than backfill).

So maybe actually Experian was doing everything as they normally do. I.e. a new account opened today for a new user will also only apprear on their Experian report in 4 months time.

1 Like

I had an email from Experian today saying that my Monzo account had been added to my report.

Edit - this shows 4 months account history.

1 Like