We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Signed up to test

I’ve created a new thread over here for extended discussion about the benefits (or otherwise) of Summary (and Pulse). There’s even a poll!

8 Likes

Any changes to the pots layout? Personally (and it’s my preference), I think N26/Starling have a better layout than having to swipe left/right to navigate

Agreed! :blush:

1 Like

My main criticism of this layout is that I hardly ever visit the “Help” or “Payments” tabs, yet they are being given prime location on the easy-to-reach tabs bar at the bottom of the app.

Most of the features I use regularly and rely on now have smaller, less intuitive links right at the top of the screen. For me this will make the app slower to navigate on a daily basis.

Does anyone else agree? How often do people really use the “Help” tab? :thinking:

14 Likes

Hadn’t thought about this much until you mentioned it, but I fully agree. Particularly a problem on larger phones :iphone:

3 Likes

Out of curiosity… with the update to the app, is there any plan for better integration with iOS?

Similar to what N26 and Pingit do in regards to sending payment through iMessage?

4 Likes

Hi, I would miss the “left to spend” amount and the budgets for each category and how I’m doing against them. For me, one of the attractive features of Monzo was in-app budgeting. The Summary is helping my money work for me, and I believe making money work is what Monzo is trying to do for us all. I’d be disappointed if it went altogether. Thanks

9 Likes

Personally I would like it if we can customise what tabs we want. That way each person can really get the most out of their app.

I personally would not want to see summary to go.

1 Like

Everyone is getting hung up on the summary thing, its crap and pointless.

It can be removed and a left to spend can be added anywhere maybe under the main balance.

6 Likes

Got to disagree on this I’m afraid. I use summary to manage my spending by category. I also use summary to keep a track of my committed spend.

7 Likes

The bills category doesn’t even work though, click bills it has one DD and two card subs. Scroll to commited bills and more DD and card subs.

How can you even budget like that?

If I have stuff marked as bills it should all be in one place not split like it is now.

Secondly always says you will never have money left as it doesn’t take in to account pots.

It’s rubbish

3 Likes

I agree with you. However my friend loves it. He’s never going to come on this forum to give his feedback but the sole reason he loves monzo is the integrated summary section.

I think the summary has needed some work since it was last updated. I’m not sure it’s a good decision getting rid of it completely.

3 Likes

So a Pret A Manger tab, then?

4 Likes

For you.

But Monzo is a bank with an app to help you budget. Loads of us use summary to… Budget. Get rid of that and Monzo is like any other fintech bank.

13 Likes

It’s not supposed to take pots into account, that’s the whole point of pots, that they aren’t part of your available balance.

You seem to be in the minority on summary, but yeah, you dislike it so bin it

5 Likes

Purely speculation, but would Monzo ditch something that was universally used by it’s customers?

I’m assuming they can see the usage for summary of course (no idea if they can?)

My guess would be that the “forum dwellers”, are more inclined to make use of the “advanced” features like setting up budgets and summary etc - But perhaps the majority just don’t use it?

1 Like

But it should be able to, I move money in to pots for bills etc so they should be taken in to account.

Maybe it’s a difference in mindset in terms of budgeting within the app.

My budget starts on the 1st if each month. As I know my total committed spending and how much is going into pots each month I can set my budget accordingly. About £600 for the month.

It’s taken a bit of a mind-shift, but it works for me.

1 Like

Please please PLEASE don’t remove the ‘Left to Spend’. This is hands down the most important functionality for me in the whole app. Everything else I could do anywhere else, this is something that’s unique to Monzo and basically the only reason I moved my salary there.

11 Likes