We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

This looks really cool and I think would work great for account switching/ switching to credit cards.

However I have 10 or so pots, and having to scroll through them one by one would just be a right pain!

4 Likes

Could work if you scroll to the right for credit card and left to a button to view all pots?

3 Likes

So like the “view all” becomes a “card” that can click to get to your pots? That could work.

Could just have a left scroll to take you straight through to the “view all” page to actually

1 Like

:android:
App: 2.45.0
Phone: LG G6 (Android 8.0.0)

I can recreate this bug as described in the post by @nexusmaniac

Screenshot_2019-04-26-23-29-35

3 Likes

Looks like it’s Android wide.

OnePlus 5 & 6T.

1 Like

Yep, I can do this too. Huawei Mate 10 Pro (hello to the Chinese government). Android 9.

1 Like

Yeah I do not want to go back to horizontal scrolling through my 13 pots :joy:

I’ve been giving this all a lot of thought and was wondering what the motivations for these changes were, aside from the general objective to give us a good user experience.

Has the plan been to try and reduce clutter? While that’s been achieved to a degree, I worry that it’s at the expense of intuitiveness (if that’s a word).

Previously we had a (slightly busy) nav bar of 5 tabs at the bottom, but that was where you found nearly all things. Now we have a cleaner nav bar, but to achieve that, things have been squirrelled away elsewhere.

Rather than switching between tabs in a single nav bar at an easy thumb’s reach at the bottom, now we have to:

• Swipe up for one batch of content (feed)
  • Tap a button in the top left/right for another (Pots etc.)
  • Tap the bottom tabs for another two (payments and help)
  • Tap another one that moves up and down the screen for another (summary or its replacement).

All of these things were within easy reach in a single intuitive nav bar - now it feels like they’ve been thrown all over the app.

4 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, but I do think the “new look” simplifies things, especially for new users, and makes everything easier to find.

For example:

• It’s quicker to swipe up for the feed then to click on the Home tab (and wait for the tab-switch-lag before the tab switches).
  • This is a more simple UI (although the “View all” button does need renaming):
    • To go from the Home feed to viewing your pots in the previous UI you have to do the following:

1. Click the Account tab (and wait for it to load).
      2. Scroll down.
    • To go from the Home feed to viewing your pots in the “new look” UI you have to do the following:

1. Click the “View all” button.
  • This makes no change to the number of clicks needed to reach Summary but has the additional benefit of showing Summary progress without having to click onto a different tab.

1 Like

Just sent a payment and set up a standing order for it and I got a red dot on the home tab. I scrolled up and down, tapped on everything tappable but it wouldn’t go. Had to hard close to get rid of it

Screenshot for all the red dot fans :red_circle:

2 Likes

Have you checked the notification bell?

This happened few times for me. Have to close the app and restart it again

1 Like

Yep nothing there

1 Like

By the way if you get the Monzo Plus, will the Card colour changes in Monzo app or not

Yes.

I got the £3 subscription. In case if I want to add travel insurance in the future, how do I add it. On Monzo Plus in app option it’s no longer showing up for me . image

Long press for account list, tap the one you need. Quick swipe to go to the next one.

The idea was you could go < for credit cards and > for savings. Long press for a list.

Anyone know how to force update the pot amounts? Have no idea how much money I have in my account overall

Click withdraw or add and then back out, seems to do it for me.

I did try that but it doesn’t work, having the total balance removed doesn’t help as it looks like my account is simply losing money without going anywhere

Edit: seemed manually adding to the pot (rather than IFTTT) seemed to update it