We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

One of the first things I did when I was trying to see what’s hidden behind the feed was tap the card. It didn’t do anything, figured out that I had to pull down the feed but that wasn’t my first instinct.

I think it would be good to have the feed move down to reveal the card options when tapping the card.

I also think the new interface may need or might benefit from a first use introduction. A lot of things have moved around and it’s not immediately obvious what’s what with some of the new peices.

5 Likes

This looks like a good solution. I’m trying to new version and really missing the budgets/left to spend that used to be in summary.

I’m assuming these would be coming back for Joint Accounts too? I hardly use my personal account.

Thanks for the great work :+1:

1 Like

if your using the latest version on TestFlight (2.45.0 (522) on iOS.

click on the left to spend icon and it should bring up up the summary/budget feature you know well.

Something like this. iphone3

4 Likes

This pot update delay is really starting to annoy me, Monzo knew it was there before this new look update so should have fixed it but no instead they still let it appear in the new look.

No excuse really

3 Likes

Sooner the pot(s) issue gets sorted the better not having the balance update is really annoying/frustrating and should be solved as they are pretty useless at the moment.

3 Likes

I’ve just recently created a joint account with my partner.

But I’ve noticed with the new layout. I’m unable to see the joint account? :flushed:

Where my partner can see if fine in the old layout. :bulb:

That or I’m being blind. :man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

Plus upon clicking go back to your account the app crashes. (Screen below)

1 Like

Press and hold on the bottom bar for the joint account switcher.

Well thank you very much! :muscle:t2::love_you_gesture:t2:

:man_facepalming: Teach me not to do a search 1st i guess. :sweat_smile:

Hi Bruno, please can you fix the pots bug in which the Investec details have completely disappeared. My investec pot is showing as a regular pot and the investec logo has vanished as too has the interest awarded. Also in the joint account the option to open a savings pot has disappeared. Thank you.

1 Like

I also had this issue - was expecting the joint account to appear in the “View All” section. Had to come on here to figure out I needed to long press (which is really not intuitive!)

2 Likes

@Paulw It’s an intermittent bug :bug: which are the worst to track down and fix. My pot is fine in the new layout.

I’m getting it since the new layout but I think it’s just IFTTT movements for me

Hi Bruno, there’s an unfinished sentence in over draft charges section - “If your balance” ???

2 Likes

It does say view all and have an icon of a card stack, so I think it’s reasonable to expect to see your joint/business accounts there.

Unfortunately this is a sign of a deeper structural problem which isn’t going away. Pots are shown in the ui attached to a current account, not a user and are not quite accounts (though they behave like them mostly, and sometimes do represent external accounts). Maybe one day they’ll be seen as accounts, and all accounts will get the same treatment. At the moment they have this weird trichotomy between accounts, internal pots, external pots, with inconsistent treatment of all.

I’m not even sure what view all means in this context, what do you see if you hit view all? This view all I find really confusing in this design, from the stack of cards I assumed view all accounts, but it seems like it is view all pots attached to this account, is that it? So some external accounts, some credit cards, some internal subaccounts.

Since you’re completely revamping the ui monzo why not show all accounts the user has access to here? Then you can name it accounts or ditch the label, everything is in one place, and you could even switch the feed to a feed of transactions for a single account when chosen. I really think at some point everything should just be an account, attached to one or more users.

5 Likes

I would say with all the new accounts being integrated, saving pots etc “my accounts” is actually a vey very key part of the app, it’s where someone will go to see their financial portfolio, what accounts are open, how much in each etc so well worth a navigation tab!

3 Likes

Exactly, in fact I’d go further and put all accounts there or in view all, inc business and joint, external cards, external pots, internal pots. They will all deserve top level status in time.

A hidden global switch for some accounts, and lots of different names/treatments for accounts is a mistake IMO and will stop the app developing into a true financial hub.

4 Likes

My savings pot (investec) is now showing as a regular savings pot with the new UI and doesn’t show my earned interest for the month anymore?

I haven’t read all the posts here but wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem?

I mean you were told there were bugs still in the new design etc.

6 Likes

Yes I’m well aware of that fact however read my post.

This bug was BEFORE the new design release.

2 Likes