We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Is it going to be released any sooner for TestFlight? #MonzoMad

I’m not sure if you mean in general or in new nav. It works the same as before.

As someone who is on iOS, has a Joint Account and can’t try out the new (newer) nav it has been great to watch the new designs come through this thread. Most of my dislikes around the separation of personal/joint accounts and viewing pots in a cleaner way have been addressed with what I’ve seen so far. I’m really impressed and can’t wait to give it a go soon. Hope to see more of this customer interaction with future features!

1 Like

Yes, testflight will get it immediately. Friday.

General. We have only just asked for our salaries to go into the JA, so not sure how it works.

Awesome!! :smile:

Hold on I’m confused. I have what appears to be the newest Nav but also have a JA… Is this unexpected?

Please let’s keep this in a separate thread. I believe Summary shows all your inbound transfers in the Income section. So should work fine. But doest allow to set 2 salary cycles…

2 Likes

Yes! If you’re on version 2.55 :+1:

I have a JA whre both of our salaries are paid into. MrsW gets her salary on the 26th (or 25th if a weekend) and I get mine on 31st (or 30th or 29th if a weekend) excluding bank holiday weekends!

So we set the summary period to start on the 26th because that is the first date within the current month that a deposit happens. Summary is then always wrong before the 31st arrives and claims we’ll run out of money, because it assumes that the committed spending for the upcoming period is more than the income received on the 26th. But when the 31st arrived and the second salary is deposited, Summary begins to report everything correctly from that point until the end of the reporting period.

It would be nice to flag a deposit as a repeating deposit so that Summary can work things out. from the start until the end of a chosen reporting period.

2 Likes

This version isn’t available for me :confused: - I’m on TestFlight…

Drops on Friday.

1 Like

Thank you @bruno, you & your team have excelled. The Android version arrived 4 days earlier than indicated :smile: (although first came the temporary heart-stopping moment! earlier today)

Loving the new nav (with JA) so far and I’ve also got Summary back = BONUS :partying_face:

1 Like

Here’s where we are at with Summary.

We se budgeting as a layer that lives across the app. It’s not just the Summary screen. Budgeting means live notifications to know how much you spend, pots to put money aside, pot goals, visibility on upcoming direct debits the day before, recurring card payments in the Scheduled section of Payments, etc etc.

We currently have Summary and we don’t want to break that apart right now. So in the short term we want you to keep accessing your “intact” summary page.

Moving forward we’ll start adding more of these budgeting elements in some of the new spaces around the app. You already have Left to Spend on Home - which I know is a bit broken and we’re fixing soon. At some point I expect we don’t need the summary page anymore, or that can be used for some specific functions that need to live in that section.

None of this will be worked on until we have delivered the new navigation to everyone, with your summary “intact”.

There were some super early concepts of an “insights mode” where your entire Home screen enters this mode, maybe after you start scrolling down your feed which shows intent to “look at the past”. This is really just an exploration so don’t read too much into it. It’s probably months away!

Screenshot_20190704-205122

11 Likes

Yay! I dropped a hint a few days ago that I would be released before the 7th for some customers, but nobody picked it up :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

My only issue with the new nav is the left to spend figure. Where does that come from? I thought maybe it included what I have in pots but that doesn’t quite add up
Left to spend is my favourite feature from monzo but is now not working IMG_20190704_210043

2 Likes

It should be the same amount as in your summary. Currently not always true, sadly.

2 Likes

It’s calculated as balance minus anything in the Scheduled section of the payments tab (direct debits, recurring payments, etc)

1 Like

IMG_20190704_210732

Summary is correct

Yeah today we found the reason for the discrepancy. Some cruft code that was added a year ago to support some older versions.

6 Likes