We just won "Best Banking App" at the British Bank Awards 2019 πŸŽ‰

:tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

80 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Fantastic news! Congrats monzo! :heart:

3 Likes

Yay! :hugs:

2 Likes

Brilliant and well deserved indeed! :blush:

1 Like

Amazing news! Definitely deserved. :clap:t2::clap:t2:

Great Nees

Congratulations to everyone at Monzo! They beat Nat West who were last year’s winners.

Congratulations also to everyone at Starling for winning Best British Bank, Best Current Account Provider and Best Business Banking Provider. They beat last year’s winners HSBC to the business award.

The future of the fintech scene looks very rosy!

6 Likes

Congratulations! But now the question comes to how do you become Best British Bank :wink:

3 Likes

Well done Monzo!

Interestingly, I would have put it the other way around as best bank Monzo and best app Starling but still great news.

1 Like

Agreed, not quite sure how Starling beat Monzo to best British bank?

Maybe Monzo needs to close communications with its customers and start slowing down it’s growth a bit?

1 Like

I’m a Monzo fan and user but I can understand why Starling have won Best British bank, overall they offer more services than Monzo at the moment (current accounts, loans, business accounts, better overdrafts) etc.

I would, however, like to see Monzo try harder throughout the next year to come out as at least the best personal current account out there! This is just the start.

Well done to Monzo & Starling :tada:

6 Likes

Starling have say 500k users and Monzo 1.5m users

How did Starling win the best bank if it’s voted by customers?

1 Like

There are no facts to back this up but I presume that Monzo has a younger customer base and I’m not sure a lot of them care much for banking awards… :man_shrugging:t3:

I’m 25 and have worked in finance for a while now so it interests me. However, a lot of my friends around my age don’t give two hoots.

1 Like

I’m not sure older people care much about banking awards, either, to be honest. So don’t know if age demographics really come into it.

But congratulations to Monzo, a well-earned award!

4 Likes

To be honest, I’m disappointed that Monzo didn’t win the best bank award. As much as I think they are, I’m now a curious consumer contemplating switching to Starling.

I didn’t know to vote or I would’ve so perhaps it’s purely down to marketing. Given the user numbers, Monzo should be mentioned way ahead of Starling.

Time to shift some of the budget to marketing! (I’d suggest a scheduled payment to a pot…)

I’m 35 and I had never heard of the banking awards until this post.

7 Likes

That’s a good point, I’d agree starling have focused more on delivering core banking products and to a higher standard as well. Whereas Monzo have things like summary and bill splitting etc which aren’t available in other banking apps

2 Likes

Why would you switch from a bank you like to another one just based on a award? Open both, use both then decide what’s best for you!

10 Likes