Virgin Money Discussion & Feedback

I had this ALL THE TIME with ‘B’. And sometimes, it would take a day or two to happen. It’s as if the software that adjusts the pot ballances runs asynchronously and sometimes more than once. Thus being disconnected from the main account. I had 6 different pots impossible to work out why their balances were all different to what I was expecting. I got to the point of wanting to throw my phone at a wall every time I saw that “uh oh fancy a re-jig” message. I reported it to ‘B’ with detailed reproduction steps but they never replied. It is the only reason I left and switched to Monzo. This was just before they became Virgin, but as far as I could tell, their “new” app is just the same one with a different skin.

2 Likes

Ditto, but with Virgin Money themselves, I’ve used their insurance products before. Never again! Customer service was abysmal.

Push notifications now enabled on iOS with v2.0

1 Like

Do they work well?

I made a purchase and got a notification. Works as well as it can I guess

1 Like

What about for banking transactions like direct debits etc?

I can’t see any options for it, here are the options in the app. Looks like it’ll alert you if you don’t have enough money to cover standing order or direct debit which is good.

1 Like

It’ll be under preferences > notifications rather than alerts where you’d expect it to be :blush:

2 Likes

Personal Loans have launched :slight_smile:
Fully integrated in the same log in as the Current Accounts so it looks like we’re starting to see a bit of an alignment now!

3 Likes

I expect they may start moving savings over next, which will be a migration to the CYBG iB platform and a dumping of the old VM platform.

Perhaps credit cards will then follow, although I understand the plan with them is to use the “old VM” platform and not CYBG’s - but to cobble it on as a new addition to the iB-based apps and online banking - allowing it to work through one login that way. So I imagine this may take a bit longer, as there will need to be some integration work there. Still, it solves the problem of doing a full scale “migration” as it is going to be more of an amalgamation of the two platforms.

It may be slightly bumpier for users of ex-CYBG credit cards, though, as they will effectively be migrated to the old-VM platform as that is integrated into CYBG technology which could lead to issues.

1 Like

So something strange is happening. Since the app got updated to version 2.0 (iOS) the App Store rating has been steadily climbing… up from about 3.5 a few days ago to 3.9 today.

Probably an internal memo asking staff to rate it 5 star

I bet it is!

Personally, I don’t think it’s 5-star-worthy yet but they are getting there. Notifications are a major step forward and at least the days of the jumping chicken are long in the past (even if the current app is a derivative of that unholy abomination).

2 Likes

Any big differences to version 2, or is it just the Virgin branding?

No big differences at all.

I noticed before that version 1 of the Virgin app seemed to coincide with version 18 of the iB platform (since Yorkshire, Clydesdale and B apps received an update to version 18 at the same time as it’s launch).

Version 2 seems to coincide with version 19.

3 Likes

Is it me or my comments question has been deleted?

Is here anyone who also is/was with NatWest and could compare their App to the VM one ?

I have both.

The VM app is overall more fully featured, with features like cheque imaging and notifications, but NatWest seems to have a bit of a more reliable platform.

If you switched to VM you would lose icons on transactions and the “Get Cash” feature, but they have pretty much everything else.

I think NatWest’s chat is probably better and less flaky than VM’s, and you can do more with NatWest on the chat in my experience.

I can’t speak to how the day to day experience is too much, since I don’t use either that much as they aren’t my main accounts. But hopefully this is helpful.

3 Likes

Thank you :heart:

Why their online application isn’t working …
I asked them on Twitter and they want me to do that on the phone or in one of their branches… how annoying is that :weary: where in Manchester is only one …branch ugh the second one is closed or at least is closing soon…

1 Like

You’re welcome.

The application form goes down occasionally for them to do some kind of processing, so it may be OK if you just check back a bit later. I would be much more inclined to do it online myself (that’s how I applied) so I understand your frustration.

1 Like