Virgin Money Discussion & Feedback

At the same time as your letter arrives, my CASS letter arrives because I’m switching it into my Monzo account! Not quite ready to go full Monzo though - still have my original HSBC account going!

1 Like

Had an interesting survey from them yesterday around Buy Now Pay Later. One of the questions specifically mentione Monzo and whether I’d heard of ‘NeoBanks’ and whether I’d consider using them.

1 Like

So Virgin Money now apparently offer instant push notifications for transactions however I can’t seem to find the option within the app :thinking: Has anyone else managed to successfully use the feature?

Where did you see this? There is nothing in my app (iOS). only text alerts

Yeah I can’t see it either but it’s apparently been rolled out. I spoke to them in their live chat and they told me it should be under alerts (the same screen as your screenshot). They’ve told me to phone in but I’m in no rush for it atm.

Checking the version history on the App Store there is mention of it there too

I stand by this comment, though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it any easier to open the current account having savings with them? For instance they have my ID and I have my address up to date with them

Is the savings account you have with Virgin Money or with the Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank?

Its with Virgin Money.

A regular e saver and an e ISA

I have just tried clicking through the ‘featured product’ part of the online savings page but it just takes me to the generic webpage

Okay, if you apply for a Virgin Money savings account, you have a different log in compared to if you have a current account with a linked savings account.

It’s still a bit of a mess at the moment!

The idea is that the TSB app has been so horrendously buggy since I decided to pay some bills out of my back up account that I might switch to another interest bearing provider. I have just moved and haven’t been able to change my ID over to the new address yet and could do without having to go to a branch (my Virgin Money Savings has had the address updated online) , so was hoping it’d be a straight forward process to open up with V Money. Seems I’ll be treated just like a new customer though.

So, an update to my Virgin Money account situation. I used CASS to close the current account, but the linked savings account stays open afterwards as CASS doesn’t let them close that. I’ve now been paid interest into the savings account but I can’t get the money out of there as it needs to be transferred to the current account.

I’m going to contact them to see if there’s a workaround for this and I’ll let you know!

Surely Virgin Money can simply pay your savings into your old current account and the CASS will auto-forward it to your new account?

1 Like

I got their credit card recently it’s such a disjointed registration process of the card when it arrives. Directs you to download the app and register blah blah, yep done that now thanks Virgin… But wait you then get an email saying you’ve still not registered on our website to get access to your pin and other services 🤦

I expect one registration to be just that, not having to do something with an app and then with the website

Apparently not! They’re telling me the only way they can do it is if I go into a branch which is difficult at the moment under the circumstances

Notifications are there and working in the B, Yorkshire and Clydesdale branded apps - they just don’t seem to be enabled in the Virgin Money one.

You can download B alongside Virgin Money and login to that app, alternatively you can use the Yorkshire (if your sort code starts 05) or Clydesdale (if your sortcode starts 82) app.

Notifications are turned on under More > Preferences > Notifications. You then manage what triggers notifications under the alerts section.

Since all the apps are based off one common code base and are all front-ends to the iB platform that CYBG use, it seems like they probably just copied and pasted the release notes even though notifications are not enabled under the Virgin branded app. I suspect they are just testing them under the less heavily-used apps to see how it goes before a proper rollout. It’s working fine for me so far though!

1 Like

I’ve had an invite today to trial a new ‘Home Coach’ app.
It’s basically a calculator and plan about getting a mortgage and gives you an idea when you’d be able to reach your goals etc alongside hints and tips to get to your target.

It’s branded in the new Virgin Money style so looks like they’ll soon be migrating the Mortgage side under the same umbrella. Hopefully the same for savings/CCs come soon too.

4 Likes

That sounds pretty cool! I’ve seen a fair few of these apps being designed at the moment

I’ll get some screen grabs over after work :slight_smile:

3 Likes