Virgin Money Discussion & Feedback

Do they have instant transaction notifications?

And a red square icon in a round white circle?? My eyes are burning!! :fire::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

OMG that app icon looks soo wrong get rid of the white arghhh eyes burn :fire:

Still can’t open a current account though.

Also, why would the app be called Personal? Would anyone look in the P’s to find it?

1 Like

I guess their Android devs don’t understand the use for each name box when submitting an app in the Play Store… The name is fine in the store, just when it installs that it’s “Credit Card” or “Personal”.

No instant notifcations @TTJJ

Oh! So is it literally just the B app completely? Even the old bright purples, greens? I’m guessing they changed to red, but if there’s no instant notifications it’s just the same app like you pointed out, was going to open an account won’t bother now thanks for sharing :ok_hand:

1 Like

It does actually seem like they’ve done the same going from the App Store screenshots.

1 Like

Moneyfacts have awarded the Virgin Money Current Account as ‘Outstanding’
I’ll be honest I’m not exactly sure how they’ve came to that conclusion or what they’ve based the decision on.

2 Likes

At least now we know (or maybe we knew) that these awards weren’t exactly given fairly.

Email from Virgin Money today saying they are dropping all foreign transaction fees, including for cash withdrawals. That’s pretty good

4 Likes

It’s certainly a step in the right direction.
Instant notifications would also be a welcome addition.

They’re missing that, (though they do have near instant SMS notification) and working with aggregators like Emma. And their app budgeting works off calendar month only. But to be fair, it’s closer than most.

1 Like

I have found the SMS texts to be pretty good in all honesty.
I did have a bit of a frustrating experience when they blocked a transaction to my Monzo account pending a security review.
I passed all the checks on the phone and it was a random transaction that was selected ; no other reasoning behind it.

They then passed it over to the security team to review and I was advised I would be back online within 4 hours… 6 hours passed to then be told I had to wait until a letter arrived with a Reference code.

Letter arrived 8 days later, phoned up, quoted the reference and I was back online within 30 minutes.
Good to see security processes in place however it was a bit excessive given I’ve had experience with quicker methods through taking selfies to verify my identity etc.

Wow, yeah. That’s awful.

1 Like

If my account was locked waiting for a letter I would be closing it. What a ridiculous way to run a bank.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s been a bit of a nightmare since the change over to be quite honest.
Went to give them a quick call today to check something regarding my account - automated voice on the line saying the phones are down and to try again later.

I’m just so glad its nothing serious that needs urgent attention :grimacing:

I was considering opening an account with them to have as a backup for the free worldwide spending etc but think I’ll leave it. Posting things for security would majorly annoy me as I’m rarely home.

I’ve always been with the Clydesdale for many years as my main account (First account I ever opened) and it migrated to B and then to VM.

Never really had that much of an issue with them until lately to be perfectly honest. Does take one bad experience though!

I just posted this in another topic. Would be interested to hear anyone else’s experiences!

1 Like