Virgin Money Discussion & Feedback

Does any app? Would they need to?

2 Likes

I had problems when i tried to apply for Vm last year, it took a while until i could finally sign in. Don’t try to apply afterhours.

2 Likes

For the gyroscope, no - not as far as I’m aware.

Ah yes, TSB used (may still?) to do this too.

If I remember, it was a real PITA as it often didn’t recognise it was you

2 Likes

Finally have my VM account.

App seems straight forward, cashback offers are more decent than majority of others I’ve seen for places I’d actually buy from.

Didn’t receive notifications inbound, but I’ve switched them on in the app for card payments.

Do they work for all debits out of account, similarly to Monzo?

1 Like

Blimey you have an account everywhere :joy:

Do they still have VM lounges?

2 Likes

Not sure about the lounges. Just thought I’d get all the accounts out the way then focus on my loan, then put all away for a house

Dreading the latter because it’ll mean cutting back everywhere.

1 Like

No. Just card payments.

2 Likes

Yes, they do - although I haven’t been to one since before Covid so I don’t know what they are like now.

You can also switch on notifications for a weekly balance update and a high/low balance threshold alert - but those aren’t instant and only notify you the morning after your cleared balance has dropped overnight.

Just remortgaged with Virgin Money but got refused a basic Virgin Money bank account :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I was told when they reopen they’re focusing on business, I visited the Haymarket one a week ago it’s manned but the lounge area is closed at the moment.

I couldn’t have been rushed out the door quick enough by the staff. Overall was a pretty bad experience.

1 Like

Oh dear!

I visited that one in 2019 (my first visit to a lounge) and they were really welcoming and friendly. As I left they were saying come back soon and everything!

Indeed, I’ve been a good number of times, seems friendliness went when Clydesdale got involved. :worried:

1 Like

Yikes!

and I quote “Well, bye then!” in a rushed tone of voice was what I was told by the very stern looking woman at the desk.

I was also told that things had changed since Clydesdale came into the picture and its audience was now business focussed. I truly did feel rather unwelcome.

1 Like

If you qualify for a mortgage, you are not the target market for a basic bank account.

Financial institutions would expect you to apply for a standard bank account instead

2 Likes

Most banks don’t allow you to apply directly for a basic account, they offer you it if you fail to qualify for a current account. Do Virgin allow direct applications?

1 Like

In short, not really.

You automatically get offered a basic account if you apply online for their main account but aren’t eligible. You can apply directly for the basic account but you can only do that via phone or in a Virgin Money “store”.

1 Like

I think basic in this instance doesn’t mean a basic account but just a regular bank account. @asapb3rto will correct me if wrong but I think “basic” was just in contrast to a mortgage product which they were approved for even though it involves more stringent checks then being declined for a bank account

4 Likes

Has anyone used the Payments transfer service? Similar to CASS but they just move payments instead, as this would be such an easy way to move everything to one bank as opposed to the multiple I have at present (don’t have the energy to move them all at once).

Is it as seamless as I imagine?

1 Like