Virgin Money Discussion & Feedback

It doesn’t sound like it would be as seamless, as part of what makes CASS work well is the fact payments get redirected once the old account is closed.

Presumably that kind of automated redirection isn’t possible if the old account isn’t actually closed, so various things may end up going to the old account?

I put it through today and got a notification from Monzo to say I’d chosen to CASS my payments so I’ll see how that goes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Strange little antic.

When adding money from current account to savings, happens immediately.

If I send funds from current account to savings pot it takes a day :man_shrugging:t3:

Chatter on the MSE Forum over Virgin Money allegedly offering 1.56% AER on their M Plus Saver, based on information seen on moneyfacts.co.uk.

Nothing showing on Virgin Money site yet though, to confirm that.

2 Likes

App seems broken at the moment :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I always found it rubbish tbf, which is why I only hold a grand in an otherwise unused current account, earning (most months) £1.70pm interest.

Only kept it cos it’s zero effort.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Okay. This cannot be right, surely. Could it?

1.56% on balances above £25,000 !!!

So how much on the first £25k? :thinking:

Source

Same account, different source page:

3 Likes

Watch Clydesdale quietly change that mistake.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s sorted now

4 Likes

Wow it was wrong on Virgin Money, not Clydesdale.

I still won’t be moving back for an extra 50p/£1k pa interest.

Horrible app.

Sticking with Chase for now. Lot more versatile too.

2 Likes

Now they offer 0.75% above 25.000

https://uk.virginmoney.com/savings/find/results/#online

1 Like

Had a little freshen up.

Also just noted has sounds for notifications, not sure that was always there.

2 Likes

That profile page has been there for about a month for me, although it may be part of a feature-flagged phased rollout.

I haven’t noticed anything else new lately, even though they do seem to be pushing out quite a few iOS app updates.

1 Like

It was previously just plain lines and black outlines until just now :sweat_smile:

Edit: not sure now I’ve gone through the app some more. Sure I’ve not noticed that til now though.

2 Likes

Just as I say nothing changes, something does!

The nav-bar at the top of the main accounts screen has changed from the previous custom button header, to the standard iOS design element of “pill shaped selector” (as Monzo uses on the payments tab). This was as of yesterday’s app update for me.

Typical!

1 Like

Aye I’m sure it was all white or something before :joy:

1 Like

Yes it was - a white background with headings in one of the custom Virgin fonts.

1 Like