Useful uses for Monzo Plus Live Data Export? Share your tips!

I think it was a troll account probably was going to tell you a way that’ll break it

1 Like

Thought that was the case… But always willing to hear about new excel tips… :smiley:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - March 2021

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - March 2021

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - March 2021

Appreciate that this may not be exactly the right place to go to but my transactions sheet is taking over 8 hours / overnight to update transactions. The export is not paused in app and when it updates it pulls everything through. Just taking hours!

Anyone know how to resolve?

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem. I’ve got IFTTT triggers set up, so it’s all over the place.

I wouldn’t normally grumble, but this is one of the reasons I’m playing. It really needs to work.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s not only me / something I’m doing wrong.

The almost instantaneous update of transactions in Google Sheets is what sold me on paying for Plus (as well as the custom budgets) too, so I hope there is a fix soon :clock1:

1 Like

:point_down:t5:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this, Richard. Glad to hear the team are aware and that it shouldn’t be too long before we can get back to being spreadsheet nerds :grin:

1 Like

But that was 10 days ago.

I can forgive the odd bit of very occasional degraded service, but they really can’t be doing this frequently when folk are paying for it.

2 Likes

Yes this was exactly what I was about to reply. Yes it’s a known issue and yes it will be fixed, but it’s frustrating that what happened 10 days ago wasn’t an isolated incident, and also that we’re not given any sort of heads up about these maintenance periods.

1 Like

@jackcully, @tjvr, @avb (cc @AlanDoe :hot_coral_heart:)

Is this is your balliwick*? Anything that can be done to sort this please? :bowing_man: :pray:

*Criminally underused word.

1 Like

I realise this doesn’t help you, but my transactions are still quick and the IFTTT triggers too.

I know some of you here have built very elaborate spreadsheets using the live export - would you say it is worth getting Plus solely for this feature? I’m not really interested in any of the other features.

If Monzo had made a few really extensive dashboard templates with the data feed - I think so, but sadly it’s just lacking any “so what do I do with this data” sort of help.

If you’ve got the inclination + time + energy to build your own, then I would say it’s useful - especially if you can use the dashboard to make actionable decisions, then even better.

Personally, while I’ve got loads of great ideas, and a few little snippets of useful ways to analyse the data, and a few handy IFTTT* triggers that are based on the data - I got fed up of trying to build the thing so I don’t really use the data to my advantage. Edit: And I basically use spreadsheets for 80% of my time at work

So I’d say it depends on how much you want to build + maintain your own dashboard :slight_smile:

*Also note that IFTTT implementing their Pro pricing means the power of IFTTT+Monzo Data is behind 2 paywalls,

6 Likes

Thanks, that’s really helpful. I will probably leave it then. Such a missed opportunity in my opinion.

A middle ground is to just try out the manual export of data and see how you get on with that. If you find yourself wish you didn’t have to manually export then consider plus :+1:

2 Likes

Yep absolutely - the Google Sheets connection data is the exact same info as what you can export manually - so at least you can have a feel for what the data is / what you might want to do with it before you splurge.

2 Likes

Ah yes, good idea, I hadn’t thought of that. Thanks!

2 Likes