Upgrade (Migration) Updates

Yeah same here emails are bit late I guess I migrated prepay data to CA last week.

3 Likes

yeah, automation and all.

Here is the link to view upgrade email sent out today;

http://mailchi.mp/monzo/upgrade-your-monzo-current-account-530749?e=d9b43f5c3f

Check what it says here

Hey there,

It’s been a whirlwind few weeks! Thank you so much for all your help testing the Monzo Current Account Preview. Thanks to you and nearly 20,000 others, we’ve been able to test our systems, find issues and improve the app so that we’re ready to roll out the full current account to all of our other customers.

That’s good news for you because it means we can now merge your old prepaid transactions in with your current account transactions, combine your money into the current account and give you access to Monzo-to-Monzo payments again :tada:

To do that, just follow the steps below:

Open your Monzo prepaid app (the one with the blue background)
At the bottom, you should see a banner inviting you to upgrade to the current account
Tap that and follow through the process
:tada: Your accounts will be merged
Additional things to note:
Topping up with a debit card is coming soon. You may want to top up before you upgrade your account if you can’t access your legacy bank and will need extra money on your account today
If you top up your Monzo prepaid by Standing Order you should cancel this and set it up again with your new, personal sort code and account number :tada:
After you’ve upgraded, you can delete the ‘Preview’ app with the white background. Monzo is now all-in-one app again!
Your existing debit card will continue to work (no new card needed) and you can cut up your old prepaid card and dispose of it. Ignore the wording during the upgrade process that suggests you’ll be sent a new one.
Thank you again for all of your support testing the Preview out — we really appreciate it. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to take a look around our community forum or drop us a message on Twitter or in-app.

The Monzo Team

2 Likes

No not just you, just got the email too. Maybe it’s a prompt because not everyone frequents these forums and the email may act as a prompt. If I didn’t read these forums I would never have opened my pre pay again.

1 Like

Fair point. I get the impression they were meant to happen at the same time, but that is very true and I’m the same - I only kept looking in the prepay app because of the buzz around it on this forum. So even if they were meant to happen together, it does definitely work as a prompt for those people.

Just had the email through this afternoon as well but already got the banner and migrated on Friday. I guess they were meant to happen at the same time but a good prompt for those not obsessive checking like some of us :see_no_evil: and it does cover what functionality is missing in the app for now etc which is good :blush:

1 Like

I’ve just fully upgraded from prepay and CA Preview. I hadn’t even re-installed the blue Monzo Bank app after a recent phone factory reset so I wouldn’t have known I could upgrade without the email. It was a very quick process as others have said. Now it’s just a waiting game for the app to be a viable option as a full time account, as right now starling is more suitable.:sunglasses:

Can you elaborate? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

My wife is just on the prepaid app and she got the notification to upgrade.
I’m on the CA preview and use my card more than her, and still didn’t get the notification! Not fair :frowning:

3 Likes

That’s what I thought too

3 Likes

Yeap I would have thought all CA Preview on iOS and Android would have been upgraded before it was rolled out to others

Hmm… I received the email this afternoon about upgrading my account but seemingly a dead end?

I’m running the CA Testflight Preview and the App Store Prepaid on iOS. I also have an Android tablet running the Play Store Prepaid app, and they are logged in on the same account.

But no banners to upgrade in any of the apps despite the email! Guess I’ll just wait and see on that one…

By my logic, at least from what I’ve gained from skimming this thread, is that I shouldn’t have received the email? Seeing as I’m running the non-Beta Android version and I don’t have the Prepaid Testflight on iOS… happy to be proven wrong.

If you’re running the latest Android version you’re good to go on that platform I believe.

1 Like

Ah, correct! I thought I had updated the app on Android but evidently not. Updated and on the ‘full’ CA within two minutes.

Looking forward to having the full CA app on iOS, too!

1 Like

Aren’t we all! (Well, approx 50% of us, anyway)

1 Like

It’s all about Pots!! Closed all my annoying Halifax savings accounts when Goals came to Starling. As I’d never even heard of Starling before reading about it on this very forum Monzo is always going to be my first choice but I need a way of separating my balance. At the moment it would just be a lump sum and I wouldn’t know whether I was coming or going.

1 Like

I’m presuming (massive presumption) that Monzo are concentrating on the CA rollout before implementing any new features, fully.

Pots is definitely what I’m waiting that, that and my investor card :joy:

3 Likes

Indeed. I’m prepared to wait. I’ve not used either Monzo card much since Goals came to Starling but just by upgrading fully today reminded me that the Monzo app is aesthetically better.

3 Likes

I think the Starling implementation is limited as it’s quite specific. It seems to be about saving for things …and thats fine, so far as it goes.

I’m looking for something a little different. Something along the lines of squirrel.me without having to pay for Squirrel.

What I like about Pots is the idea of jam-jar accounting where my pay is split into different pots to cover commitments such as mortgage, gas, electricity etc. so that I know bills are covered. What’s left can then be divided between savings and spending. It helps with budgeting.

Goals is good but Pots could be more flexible. Obviously, I’ll need to wait to see just how Monzo implements this.

4 Likes