TV Shows!

Just last week :eyes::roll_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

This is the right response. :joy:

Seen more of the enemy this week which was satisfying as a lover of the games.

1 Like

Was watching The Apprentice last night, £300 contactless payment with a card :eyes: at least make it believable whilst you’re faking it :rofl:

1 Like

What card was it? I only saw a HSBC lion and what looked like a NatWest card

1 Like

I forgot that was on. £300 though :joy:

1 Like

It was the NatWest card for a group booking at one of them offices.

Do they actually charge people in the show? How exactly does it all work? I’ve assumed the whole lot is complete fake and that’s what people would pay or order if they were to go ahead with an order (or whatvever it is they’re peddling).

1 Like

The BBC has finally confirmed series 2 of The Traitors.

5 Likes

@DaveJ, you’re all signed up! Good luck! :partying_face:

4 Likes

The sooner this show gets thrown into the pits of hell the better :fu::rofl:

@DaveJ maybe you can be the one to do that. Go on & just from the start be a traitor & throw all the other traitors under the bus, and have it finished in 2 episodes. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Time to start a Traitors-only thread to save drowning the general one, I think. Can these posts be split out @AlanDoe ?

5 Likes

Maybe when the new season starts? :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I watched this at the weekend - it’s not that bad was pretty good… on Amazon Prime

1 Like

Looks like my kind of thing. Was just thinking about ditching Amazon Prime too… maybe I’ll watch the first ep see if it takes.

I’m a huge Christoph Waltz fan!

1 Like

Friend sent me this:

Do you?

• Reading is cool. (Subtitles on)
  • Why are there words on the screen? (Subtitles off)
  • Hey Siri what did they say? (Subtitles sometimes)

0 voters

Never use them. Distracts from what is happening and can spoil what is about to happen.

2 Likes

My ears are fine but my brain finds it difficult to process all the information when people speak too quickly, especially with some foreign accents (including American). Probably to do with me also finding it difficult in pubs when lots of people are speaking. In a group, I tend to sit there smiling and nodding a lot of the time :slight_smile:

So yes, I have subtitles on all the time and have done for years. I don’t find them intrusive and only need to scan them every so often when I’m having trouble following.

3 Likes

I suspect like me, you’re the sort of person apple created the What did they say feature for?

It’s probably what I would use and what I’d prefer if I hadn’t been living with subtitles for so long that it just doesn’t feel right not having them on anymore.

I even go a bit overboard with apps like infuse and customise the style, position, and fonts. So for movies it’ll display them at the very bottom of the screen inside the black bars so doesn’t cover any of the film.

If they hey Siri thing existed on every device everywhere I’d probably try swapping to using that.

I think the first time I realised I needed subtitles was when the first high school musical came out, and it wasn’t until someone corrected me when I was adamant Sharpay told Kelsi to sod off some time (in a Disney channel film no less). Turns out I struggle with processing verbal words I’m not familiar with until I’ve read them. She actually called her a sawed-off sondheim.

1 Like