TV Shows!

There’s no shortage of people who overvalue their ‘idea’… They have their pick of people who’ve never done any market research, never done any proper accounts… They’re basically there for our entertainment.

Every episode they stick someone in with a proper business plan who gets funded (at least on screen, apparently a large number get withdrawn when the dragon starts looking at the real numbers).

Apparently, a bit like Love Island, plenty of these people are ‘cast’ by production because they have an interesting product or story. They don’t actually want to sell any of their company, just advertise their product - so, magic high valuation means no danger of being offered a deal!

Oh the other hand, it’s still always awful when someone comes in saying “it’s a labour of love, I passionately believe in it, I’ve remortgaged the house and my wife and left me, you’re my only hope…” and it’s obvious to absolutely everyone apart from them that their product is dogshit and will never, ever make them any money. Everyone is begging them to sack it in and move on… and still they persist :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Just had that now on one of the pitches, she was very much deluded :joy:

Odd they’d invest in a ‘dog’ gate that costs twice as much as a perfectly good gate from Argos with no margin… But the dragons have made more money than I’ll ever own so…

I know he’s very much out of favour at the moment, but has anyone watched the 2nd season of Clarkson’s Farm yet? I really enjoyed the first one.

Not yet, as I’m still working my way through an excess of Pie in the Sky, Scott & Bailey, and Below Deck episodes. But I plan to, as seeing the reality* of farming in the UK today is interesting, and the character Clarkson plays is far less objectionable than he normally is.

Kaleb is probably the real star of the show, being the only constant presence who actually knows what he’s doing.

2 Likes

Completely agree. I love the episode where he goes to London for the first time, his absolute amazement that anyone that would want to live here. The city and countryside are really two different worlds.

E5 of The Last of Us… what a waste of time. Think I’m going to give it up and get that weekly hour back.

I’m just about to watch this.

I didn’t realise that was out already, I though new episodes were on Mondays. Might have to watch it before bed if I can.

1 Like

It aired Friday because Superbowl tomorrow or something.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the half time show! Rihanna will be incredible.

1 Like

Now that Slow Horses season 2 has finished, I’ve started on Black Bird (also on Apple TV+). Getting quite engrossed in it after two episodes.

3 Likes

I’ve got the final episode of that tomorrow! Been loving the pace and plot of season 2.

One of the few things I’ve been able to bond with my grandfather with outside of chess, so hope they carry on working through the books. It’s a great show.

2 Likes

Wasn’t a terrible episode this week for Last of Us.

2 Likes

I watched both series of Slow Horses recently and really enjoyed so might give Black Bird a look at some point.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

3 Likes

Black Bird is completely different from Slow Horses - it’s about a prisoner who is offered a deal to have his sentence commuted if he can elicit a confession from another prisoner. I’m not giving away any spoilers with that - it was what was shown in a preview that kept playing before each episode of Slow Horses :slight_smile:

1 Like

Black bird is class, watched it a few months back. Only a few episodes if I remember correctly.

1 Like

+1 for Black Bird.

1 Like