Trading 212 (T212)

You’ll pay more for vanguard than using 212 and have access to the same ETFs. Vanguard have a platform fee of 0.15%

Has anyone tried Invest Engine before?

1 Like

no but it looks pretty good from what I can see

I signed up for the stocks and shares ISA but haven’t completed the verification steps yet. Just looking to see if they are dodgy or worth a shot.

They’re OK but rather slow. I moved to T212 which is much better.

1 Like

have to admit I hate the new T212 web app. I am normally someone who just accepts the changes and gets used to it but can’t do it with this T212 app

Invest Engine are definitely newer but still covered by the FSCS. I am sure I saw on a recent YouTube video that they only do ETFs. They are meant to be good though.

Trading212 card works well over Curve.
Transactions appear in trading212 app but with a slight delay (not sure if that’s just normal for trading212 or if it is because of the curve frontend). Trading212 cashback accumulates when used via curve - again with a delay until cleared and/or working day.

As Trading212 does not have native Google pay, not sure why I ordered physical card as it would be good enough via Curve.

Also, forgot how long cash withdrawals take from Trading212… Seems they send it via BACS rather than instant Faster payment. :roll_eyes: Yet they accept faster payment top ups.

2 Likes

So unless I want the specific Black Rock fund that Monzo use (which I don’t) and don’t mind sacrificing a bit of that one-stop-shop Monzo experience, I’d be much better off just using Vanguard via T212?

2 Likes

Yes, and trading 212 gives you graphs on how your portfolio is performing, and the amount in total it’s worth, versus how much you’ve put in.

I’ve only been using the Monzo ISA meaningfully since the start of 2024 to max out my ISA limit for the last tax year. But the Monzo ‘Adventurous’ fund was outperformed by the test balance I put into an equivalent HSBC GIC over the same period, so I’m not going to feel I’m losing anything by moving elsewhere.

Ethically, I’d actually prefer not to use the fund Monzo has selected because of it’s environmental profile. I like my money to perform to its maximum potential, and then I can decide on my own how/what I want to do to help my personal sustainability credentials.

Looks like a cash ISA is coming to T212

4 Likes

Anyone else got the card yet? Almost 2 weeks/half way through April lol.

I received an invite and opted for the virtual card…

Just ordered mine now, will let you know if and when it comes!

1 Like

Did they email you or did you get an in app notification?

App, but I also messaged someone over at T212 to see what place I was and they said check your app so who knows. Maybe an email if you wait lol but I wanted to get it ahah

Yeah pondering why government is not forcing all ISAs to be flexible.

Or for example I am pondering if I can part transfer current year from flexible ISA to trading212. And then transfer back if I need to withdraw it.

Yes. More or less anything goes from this April.

It was there for application when I looked in the app. Virtual can’t be added to gpay but can be added to Curve.