The Particle-Powered Pig eBank Helps Children Understand Money

One of the things that really excites me about Monzo is the introduction of a new paradigm: Banking as a platform.

Through open interfaces and collaborative business models we will see innovative users (producers) create value on the platform for others to consume.

Here is a great example by Stuart Tayler featured on Hackster.io:

The Particle-Powered Pig eBank :pig: Helps Children Understand Money

What I love about this is helping children understand and manage money from an early age will help them manage it better as adults.

5 Likes

I would actually buy one of these right away if they were available, I have a nice or nephew on the way very soon and being able to teach kids the value of money :moneybag: at a young age is something I support greatly. My parents have literally had no money all their life’s and quite frankly I could never live that way which is why I made sure I didn’t fall into the debt trap andI will do everything in my power to make sure any new family members don’t do the same. Debt is something that can get out of hand very quickly if it’s not understood.

3 Likes

Stuart explained how the pig was made & why in more depth, here -

3 Likes

Apologies for the separate thread. This was published on Hackster.io 14 hours ago and I missed your post @alexs!

2 Likes