The Next PM (Boris Wins)

MP’s need very little. To get into the cabinet though, you need to be part of the club, which starts in Eton and/or Oxford. And money. Everyone forgets, but even Corbyn isn’t close to being a mid-earner.

She still lost - once a generation vote. A little like brexit.

End of conversation unless we don’t live in democracy?

1 Like

Doesn’t democracy generally involve checking in every so often to see how people are feeling about things? Or are we stuck with our current goverment forever as elections are are now banned?

3 Likes

Neverendums are never a good idea.

If Remain wins a new Brexit vote, do we have another referendum in 3 years? Its only fair for leavers on the basis of that thought. Same with the Scottish Referendum. If Scottish Leave did win that one, shouldn’t Unionist Remain get another vote before they actually leave?

Its why Canada passed the Clarity Act (2000) after Québec independents tried neverendums. This act gives specific reasons the government of Canada would enter negotiations with any Canadian state or province on secession. The UK government should have similar guidance for any secession referendums in law.

2 Likes

1 Like

I actually think everyone is underestimating Boris right about now.

Yes he maybe playing to what we want to hear right now e.g. 20k police on the streets but if he does that what else can he do?

Wonder if we’ll just be replacing those leaving by the time they’re all trained?

1 Like

The only way that’ll happen is if they’re on a picket line

I think only a serving police officer can answer that but from what we all see on the TV and hear from the MSM there is a shit tonne of issues going on.

IMO more money, more staff, less red tape, less PC crap, if force is used then so be it and pass that down. If someone wants to get hands on then they need to be taken down no matter what.

Other countries aren’t tied down by the softies they do what needs to be done.

They’ve lost 20,000 since 2008. If the tories wanted to fix it they could have by now. Reducing income tax for top earners and stamp duty won’t fund increasing police numbers. Where’s he getting the money? He said he was going to sort out social care, where’s the money for that coming from?

1 Like

We have never ever had a neverendum in the UK, so not sure how we can be sure of that

Yeah, sure, why not?

I am a determined Remainer, but putting it to future votes seem fair to me, just as I hope to see another general election in the coming years

Scotland leaving the UK is not secession as it is a country in a union, not a state or area of a country

The UK creating laws to prevent Scotland leaving would go down well!

Loads of places, foreign aid for starters.

It doesn’t add up

It will do, even he isn’t that dumb enough to go on the public stage and commit within the first 5 minutes of being PM without knowing where the money will come from.

I think you overestimate the man

Although he might be saying whatever he wants with the knowledge he won’t be PM long

2 Likes

He does have history.

1 Like

I’m not overestimating him at all I’m just watching and waiting.

He wasn’t PM though, now he is let’s see what happens.

I agree, it’s not like we can do anything else :laughing:

2 Likes