The Monzo Current Account Preview

Amazing! Is the testing internal or is it small amount of public sign ups?

When are the next batch of invites due to be sent out?

I just got an invitation for the current account. Will be going to set it up on Tuesday… Woohoo!!

1 Like

I just got an invite today so about now I guess. Mine is the android app.

If you use Android and iOS, can you use both once you get the current account?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve heard from another user that, that’s what they’re doing.

That replicates the behavior of the prepaid app.

1 Like

Thanks @alexs. I’ll find out for myself on Tue hopefully :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is it just investors being invited at the moment? As a few people I know of haven’t invested yet been invited and now have current accounts.

I was under the impression it was be investors first?

Nope :slight_smile: It’s not just investors at the moment - I can’t find the post that described how the preview was going to be managed… But iirc investors have some sort of priority but not exclusivity :slight_smile:

I.e. I’ve been invited next Tuesday and I’m not a successful investor (I did try though :smiley:)

1 Like

Must of missed he post where they pulled the investors will be first to the current account. Bit pissed at that as that was part of the reason behind investing for the second time.

Hold that thought :slight_smile: I’ll just find you the post from the team that explains what’s happening here..

Edit

Here you go -

Also, even the press aren’t being given special access to the preview :joy:

https://twitter.com/sohear/status/896035105415868416

3 Likes

That’s exactly the post I was after! :smiley: Busy with work though, didn’t have chance to do a proper search for it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Are the public allowed access to their slack channel?

Yes(ish - unless you meant internal) - just join here:

https://devslack.getmondo.co.uk

Not their internal Slack team no - I don’t have access to that either.

But you can sign up to the developer’s Slack channel via the link that Dann’s just shared, which is where all of my screenshots have come from.

Interesting! I work somewhere with far more female employees than men, and the number of Monzo cards I see being used in the staff canteen is huge! But I haven’t met anyone else who’s on the current account preview yet.

1 Like

It seems that some people just see sexism and discrimination everywhere. Think about it for a second - if their allegations were true, why would Monzo favour male users over females when rolling out current accounts? I can’t see any valid business reason for that.

1 Like

I can’t see any ‘allegations’ being made. Just some questions about the ratio of men to women testing the current account, which is something I’d wondered about too after feeling somewhat outnumbered at the rollout event I went to! I’m a former software engineer so it’s not like I’m not used to it :smile: but it is interesting to hear that so many more men have signed up.

5 Likes

Tristan’s reply mentioned most early adopters/investors are male (over 90%) but now it’s more evenly split (55-45). So if they’re randomly picking from this group I doubt there would be very few women there. Would be nice to see a slightly less skewed ratio but I think some people would resent the positive discrimination, maybe there can be other events at Monzo after all the current accs have been rolled out :eyes:

4 Likes

I was sure @tristan said the preview sign up was the 90% but the prepay was more 55/45. So at the moment it’s going to be more male for preview current accounts.

1 Like