The Monzo Current Account Preview

A couple more questions.

1. I understand that the customer support will be initially operating limited hours. Am I right however I thinking that the systems will be monitored 24/7 for any general problems? If I’m relying on it as my main bank account and there was a general technical problem on Saturday morning, I would want to be sure that people were monitoring and able to ideally deploy a fix rather than having to rely on credit cards and the like until Monday morning.

2. During this rollout phase, will there be any guarantees if for instance, a payment was to fail due to system downtime and the customer was left out of pocket?

1 Like

Thanks for being willing to start the roll-out before all the intended launch features are ready. I realise there are challenges to rolling out a product which isn’t yet where you want it to be, but we are also all very impatient. It looks like you’ve found the right balance between the two. :grin: :hugs: :tada:

6 Likes

This is great news! Well done to all of the team. I have been using the card since the Alpha and for the most part, everything has worked perfectly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

what features are avaible at the min on app and is it on testflight? @tristan when does queue registered get reviewed

We will be monitoring systems, but part of this process is to help us find things that don’t work as expected. If you want a fully functioning current account you can move all of your money to, please don’t sign up for Monzo (yet!).

We will of course refund you if you’re out of pocket because of issues on our end. We do this already with the prepaid card :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It looks like Android is around six weeks away, so about halfway through this round of testing. Definitely worth throwing your hat in.

3 Likes

Think I will wait till later on just so I can use all the features I’ve already come to enjoy. I’m on android as well so not much choice. Exciting times though! :+1:t6:

I currently use the android app. However, I have a spare iOS device at home, so I have signed up stating that I use the iOS app. Will there be a problem that my logged-in device does not (currently) match?

When investors are referred to it’s always about the most recent round (March 2017) rather than both rounds (March 2016 was the first). Is it correct to assume that all investors are eligible for early access, rather than just the most recent ones?

So you can’t top- up your card with your debit card or make payments?

Bleedin ell

That’s correct. Limitation of testing period means no current account top ups by card.

When you say “make payments” what do you mean?

1 Like

You will of course be able to use your shiny new account number and sort code to load your account!

4 Likes

Great news! Hyped to get my hands on an account!

Or … use it like a current account and have your salary transferred directly :eyes:

1 Like

The lack of Android support is the only thing that makes me doubt Monzo. I see iOS screenshots and they have graphs and all sorts. Whereas the Android version is quite basic in comparison.

Seems weird as there are so many more Android users than iOS - and isn’t it supposed to be easier to write for Android?

I’m still excited and signed up for when it’s ready for Android users.

3 Likes

Question; As I’ve not seen it mentioned yet :slight_smile:

(I’ll assume no though) Can we use a current account switch service to transfer all our DD’s over if we move from a Legacy bank? Or will this only come in to play once current accounts are fully released to the public? :smiley:

1 Like

4 Likes

I just filled out the form and filled in my postcode. Am I only going to be invited to sign up when you are in my area. I travel to London and elsewhere on occasion, if I’m in an area where you are signing people up am I able to sign up there?

1 Like

I’m sure Monzo have the stats on their users and it’d be interesting to know how it breaks down between iOS and android.

But in general, my understanding is that iPhone users tend to be biassed towards the AB demographic whilst android, being cheaper is less selective. When it comes to picking up new leading edge stuff, my experience is that the ABs are both more receptive and more valuable. This is why most mobile technology companies target iOS first.

That’ll come in to play later this year :slight_smile:

2 Likes