The Monzo Current Account Preview

Yes, very odd that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is exactly what I use Monzo for currently, and already plan to set up a standing order today from Monzo Current to Monzo Prepaid for my weekly ‘spends’.

I’m trying to work out how I do this after the prepaid cards are withdrawn. I do have a Revolut card and am thinking of using a savings account card (but that cant be use online or in shops etc.) or simply another current account. Could we have a second Monzo Current account I wonder?

That’s a good idea. I hadn’t thought of continuing to use my prepaid card for that :woman_facepalming:t2:

But I’m hoping that eventually it won’t be necessary. If Monzo can come up with some way for me to ringfence the money that’s needed for upcoming bills, or some way to mark off funds that I have (my own) permission to spend that week, then that would be perfect.

2 Likes

Might want to rephrase that! lol :):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

National Savings & Investments does not work with the Monzo sort code. I was trying to change the registered bank account so I could withdraw Premium Bonds in the future. I have not tried buying them etc.

1 Like

@Chapuys There’s a thread for that :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Already updated it :grin: . Also The National Union of Teachers doesn’t work either. Sees Monzo existing… but then rejects them at the last hurdle for not existing.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Live Current Account Rollout Counter

I know I have asked this a couple of times but really don’t want to be taken out of the preview queue. Anyone from :mondo:? @Naji

I see the live number going up throughout the day today… remote signups? :open_mouth:

New employees, working remote, returning from holidays, and a very small number who haven’t got one yet. :eyes:

1 Like

Ohhh makes sense… :palm_tree:

And some remote signups, like close friends, family members, girlfriends/boyfriends/partners - For example, I hand delivered to my cousin who couldn’t make the event. This is a very small number though, just a few people per employee.

Note - I am not currently accepting applications for new friends :joy:

22 Likes

how many girlfriends do you have? :wink:

3 Likes

Well, including myself, and aforementioned cousin, I can account for 3 numbers on the Current Account Tracker :joy:

@alexs, good to speak with you yesterday evening. Do you think it would it be worth having a separate thread with companies who are unable to switch Direct Debits to 04-00-04? I moved five today, but Halifax Home Insurance needed to update their systems, and I’ve read of others experiencing problems with Thames Water. If we had a separate list, we could :white_check_mark: them off one by one when resolved

2 Likes

You can edit the wiki here : Merchants & Banks Who Don't Yet Recognise the Monzo Current Account Sort Code / Debit Card (open Wiki) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@simonb, thanks. Great minds think alike!

2 Likes

I spy the new Mastercard logo:

8 Likes

Does anyone know if the new chips offer any different/additional functionality (or potential future functionality) compared with the chips in our pre-paid and the CA preview cards?

1 Like