The Boden / Blomfield Saga

4 Likes

That is an excellent scarf in this article. 9/10

2 Likes

7.8 - too much scarf

I think regardless of what you think of Anne, or Tom, it’s admirable what they’ve both been able to achieve and accomplish.

2 Likes

Anne in 2021

7 Likes

That’s actually not always the case. It’s fairly common for CEOs to stick around in an advisory capacity because 1) they may have a huge amount of shares that need to vest that isn’t economically viable to buy out and 2) it can calm investors to know that a successful CEO is still in the picture for a handover period.

3 Likes

Yes, although it is usually an open secret that it is in effect a handover period, as you say; it’s not them legitimately being involved in day to day business, but rather helping to smooth the transition for their successor.

1 Like

I bought Ms Boden book back in February this year :blush:

Sadly, technologies overtook book reading :astonished:

Still am keen to read this book ASAP in next few months :open_book::nerd_face:

1 Like

“How I Disrupted an Industry”

It’s things like that she comes out with, and the way she conducts herself at times in interviews that really rub me the wrong way and put me off Starling as a brand.

She just seems too sanctimonious for my liking. If that resonates when working alongside her, I’d probably have left to start my own bank too.

10 Likes

Shes been very successful though

3 Likes

No disagreements there! I’d just rather a leader acknowledge where their success came from. More we, less I.

5 Likes

She probably runs the bank internally like every other company. Employees are just replaceable numbers to the big suits

1 Like

Conversely, I remember the All Hands after it came out that Tom was being awarded the OBE. He was visibly embarrassed and simply stated that the recognition ought to go just as much to the founding team and all the early staff members who got the company off the ground.

But I do get the need to come out with the straplines that sell a book. shrugs

12 Likes

Totally agree. She comes across as very pompous.

I see no saga, just people at either end of the so called stories hyping it up. 99.9% of the entire world doesn’t care :rofl:

5 Likes

I think you can add quite a few more 9s after that decimal place tbh

2 Likes

Yeah did think that, wasn’t sure how many would be enough though :thinking:

There are 7 billion people in the world and precisely one person that cares about it (Ann boden) so I make that 1.4285714e-10 % of people who do care and 99.999999985% who don’t.

4 Likes

Throw in the publisher of her book and you’ve got 2 people :sweat_smile:

2 Likes