Targets

I confused myself when writing that last post…take 2 -

bold text is text that I’ve added to my previous post

The design in your screenshot enables you to easily see where you are in the month vs your category’s target, for each individual category.

But the bars aren’t a comparison of the amount spent in £ against the target for the total spend or a comparison of the amount spent in £ vs the other categories. They do enable you to compare the amount spent as a % vs the other categories.

I like the design & how easy it easy to see where you are, in terms of % spent from each category target vs % of the month that’s passed, although as I’ve discussed here

I prefer the orientation of the current design which is focused on amount remaining, rather than how much has been spent.
You could incorporate the position in month tracker (although it would be in reverse chronological order, which would be hard to get to grips with), either extend the bars - as you suggested - or align the timeline with the category bars & keep the rest of the design the same.

In other words, this is hard to explain in writing & I’ve made a mess of my comments :grimacing: