Tagging doesn’t include transfers or bill splitting?

Not sure if I’m missing something but I can’t see a way to tag either shared expenses or transfers and as a result the tagging feature doesn’t show me what’s really going on financially.

The first use case is that I’m currently touring Spain with two other Monzo users. When I pay a bill I can tag it as, say, #Spain2018, but if it’s a shared expense I can’t tag the transfers that come in from my two friends using Bill Splitting in the same way, so it looks as if I’m spending more than I really am.

The same thing works the other way, in that my friends making the transfer can’t tag their transfers to me, so their expenses for the holiday are understated.

This applies to all transfer and leads to the second use case. I make cash transfers to my daughter and also make payments on her behalf (train tickets, books, food, …). The latter I can tag as say, #Daughter, but the cash transfers I can’t so there’s no easy way to gather together those related expenditures an see a summary of all my daughter-related outgoings, which I had presumed was the purpose of the tagging feature.

In summary, there seems no symmetry in this feature and I can’t see why it exists in one area but not the other. Is there a way to achieve what I want to achieve, or are there future plans to make the feature set more consistent?

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ability to Hashtag money transfers