Subscriptions review

That’s way out of my budget, but I guess it depends on your needs.

If you’re looking to print photos, a colour inkjet with photo paper will do a better job.

1 Like

Or just pop down to Tesco to do the photos :thinking:

1 Like

Same, previously when I was in a WeWork they gave 1000 free prints (no one ever needed to print in our team so I used that whenever) now in my new place it’s unlimited prints so saving the temptation to get a printer and just organise the prints as and when needed :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s not essential for anyone.

2 Likes

I got rid of all my news related subs, Apple News, NYT and The Guardian. I also got rid of my Netflix and Prime.

I sub to:

1. Spotify - £17.99 (Family)
  2. Giffgaff - £12.00
  3. Odeon Limitless - £17.99 (thinking about cancelling this too)
  4. Apple iCloud - £8.99

I am definitely trying to consume less media and be outdoors more in 2024, including my daily evening bedtime routine of Reddit and YT (and the very addictive Monzo community!).

5 Likes

I think it had some originals as well.

If you have a Vue cinema close to you. I’d recommend going there, imo, I found the screen better and the image quality was on par to Odeon… it was £4.50 a ticket too, vs £10 at my local Odeon… don’t know how they get away with that. ofc they can charge what they like, but there’s hardly anyone in my local Odeon, I can’t help but wonder why…

3 Likes

Put me on team vue too. Much much nicer cinemas over Odeon IMO and better value.

2 Likes

Showcase >

2 Likes

Duolingo has now ‘gone for a Burton’ - £59.99 saved for 2024! Happy with what I have learned over the last year but the whole format is rather childish and somewhat irritating.

2 Likes

I love the Vue recliner cinemas, the one close to me is recliner and i know some odeons are now doing it but I feel Vue is miles better. Also when it comes to cinemas I feel like you never have to pay full price with discounts for each day

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cinema-tips-and-tricks/

Preferably, but I don’t have one that’s easy to get to :smiley:

All the Vues around north west London are coming up to 30 years old.

I remember how incredible they were then they opened when I was in high school, but they’ve definitely seen better days.

The Cineworlds are all much newer and far far nicer. Our local Watford one has a frankly incredible IMAX screen.

I forgot to add my Unlimited to my subs so cheers for the reminder!

1 Like

Speaking of Vue - https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/vue-6?cjdata=MXxZfDB8WXww&cjevent=c1c9c418ac8911ee815d88310a18b8f7&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=cid*3848687_pub*Moneysupermarket.com_pid*6354644&utm_source=cj&subs_group=afl

1 Like

Home >

:joy: I can pause, go to the toilet, rewind, get snacks, more drinks, go the toilet etc. Also, my sofa is more comfy! :eyes:

5 Likes

It isn’t the cheapest plan. I pay 99p per month, and I’ve been advised that it’s going up to £1.49 per month so I’m going to ditch it as I can never get the printer to connect to my laptop properly anyway.

Same! (am on 99p)

1 Like

I didn’t even realise there were Odeon cinemas going still.

Vue used to be more expensive, but for whatever reason they saw the light and massively cut their prices. It’s a no-brainer to go there now.

1 Like

Yes plus you don’t get idiots scrolling through their phone in the dark.

1 Like

Aye you did.