Subscriptions review

You’d think, being a subscriber, the acquirer would have contacted you to inform you of their acquisition, introduce themselves, and explain what it means for you!

I find it real shady when that doesn’t happen.

3 Likes

To be fair they might have and I missed it. I’m pretty bad at my emails… :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Ah, there’s the problem. It’s for clothes, not cats.

9 Likes

Well that explains why my shirts smelled like fish last year

2 Likes

Great thread @N26throwaway

I think it’s confirmed I have subscription fatigue. I just can’t be bothered with them all.

Apple One £7 (shared with friends and definitely keeping).
Amazon Prime £6 (I’m going to cancel once the price hikes)
Disney+ £7 (I think I’m going to cancel)

Cancelled recently
Netflix and Sky £70
Paramount+ £3
Britbox £5

3 Likes

Isn’t Britbox just the same as iPlayer and ITVX combined? Or am I missing a load of stuff?

1 Like

It’s a free benefit with Club Lloyds (ad supported) if you put £2000/month in, £3 if you don’t.

3 Likes

@N26throwaway

My Instant Ink sub is going up by 50%!

3 Likes

Don’t forget that the wonderful HP company Will disable the use of your scanner if you run out of ink

1 Like

Not essential for me, but they update daily and monitor my email addresses on “black web”, etc

@Remi Don’t know if you’ve tried Credit Karma but it’ll give you alerts in real-time as checks are happening, with a was this you? message.

There’s no cost involved.

3 Likes

Crikey what a con!

1 Like

Thanks, I do have Credit Karma too. My updates are 1 per week on there :grin:

1 Like

The updates are one a week to your “score”.

If see under Credit and under the Monitor tab all the historic alerts.

If you open say a new bank account you’ll get a push message appear as the credit check is happening.

Like that but as an alert on your iPhone/Android OS

2 Likes

I just had a look back at my Brother laser printer costs for interest

I think I paid £90 or so for the printer itself, in 2019.

The Toner is £30 for 2x 3000 page cartridges, and I think I am midway through my 3rd cartridge since I bought it.

Roughly speaking, £45 in cartridges, for 9000 pages, over about 55 months.

= £0.85 per month and 166 pages per month.

That’s just black and white mind - but definetly glad I switched away from colour ink.

2 Likes

This is where hybrid working is a plus, I print things in the office!

4 Likes

Oh me too,

You can’t beat free :joy:

1 Like

That’s generally all I do when I’m in :joy:

2 Likes

This is where hybrid working is a minus, I never know when I’m going to be in so can’t just wait to print things!

My HP was £30 and I’ve spend £1 a month for 3 years so £66 in total so far.

We’re constantly printing colour for the kids’ homework so a monotone laser wouldn’t cut it for us unfortunately.

4 Likes

I went down a rabbit hole of looking at colour lasers since this morning… Should stop before I buy one for £350

3 Likes