Stocks and shares ISA 2020/21

It’s a new financial year and I’m looking for a stocks and shares ISA. I’m happy using T-212/Freetrade to play with small amounts of money, but I think I’d rather a “fire and forget solution” to invest a set monthly amount.

I was thinking about Vanguard LifeStrategy, but am keen to hear from others - what are your plans for stocks and shares ISAs in the 20/21 tax year?

1 Like

Im currently using Vanguard LS for most of my investments. T212 are launching Autoinvest this month which should automate trades probably similar to most roboinvesting, the only difference being you have to select your investments first.

2 Likes

I keep 80% in Harbourvest Private Equity (HVPE). They’ve taken a hit past few weeks as have most, but fairly solid since I started.

My pension is in Vanguard now with the “Global all cap fund” currently can’t save towards an ISA :joy:

You can use Freetrade as a fire and forget solution by investing in diversified funds available through them instead of individual company shares

It really depends i think on how comfortable you are as an investor I’d say. I used Fidelity personally because the platform fees are reasonably cheap, no dealing charges on funds and over 3,000 of them to chose from. I like buying in to a range of different funds.

They are a bit limited on stocks at the moment (FTSE and AIM only) but I’m not really a stock trader.

Ah, didn’t know that. Just assumed they’d have that basic feature. Although lack of this probably wouldn’t put me off…one manual trade a month is probably 2 minutes work.

But I agree Vanguard Investor is a great option and the general lack of maturity of Freetrade is a bit of a concern at the moment.

1 Like

I am glad that I had used up my 2019/20 ISA allowance as I was tempted to put my next £10k ISA into a Stocks and Shares ISA through Vanguard LS60.

If I had been able to do that in January 2020, when I was researching prior to the new tax year, that investment would now be worth £8,606, based on the quoted prices between 24 Jan 2020 and 3 Apr 2020.

Now, I was planning on leaving it in there for 10 years, however, that would still have been a massive hit to try and come back from.

Likely to steer clear of S&S ISAs for now. Never been much of a gambler. Don’t even do the lottery!!

I’ve got a pension and an ISA tagged to that.

Found it’s the best “fire and forget” fund going.

You on the accumulation one?

Yes FTSE Global All Cap Index Fund Accumulation

I have also put the kids JISA and the wifes new pension to it also :wink:

1 Like

I would recommend ii.co.uk. £7.99 a trade, and a pretty good interface. Also very comprehensive- I’ve never found a share they don’t have.

Moneybox?

Not sure what fees you’re referring to? I’ve been using them for months with no fees? :eyes:

1 Like

Is that specific to the CFD account? I’ve just opened a general investment one and kept an eye out for terms like that and couldn’t find any. Although clearly I might just have not been looking in the right places.

There are no hidden fees on the Invest/ISA account with T212. Unless it is so well hidden that nobody has uncovered it.