Status of the Android app vs the iOS app

This might not reassure you much but @tom said this;

From another discussion currently ongoing in the community, Iā€™m led to believe that Android owners have the better phones, therefore itā€™s only fair is iPhone owners have the better app :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes. By the end of the year they will be equal!

1 Like

Hate to bring this up but still waiting for the spending/timeline graph and Targets on androidā€¦ :thinking:

My app has hardly changed in the 15 months Iā€™ve had it. Itā€™s nearly 2 years since I first saw Monzo on iOS and androidā€™s still not got the functionality I saw back then. Thoughts anyone?

4 Likes

I understand your frustration, but firstly it sounds like youā€™ve not yet signed up for a current account which does have extra features such as pots and current account related things (direct debits, standing orders etc). In terms of Targets, I understand Monzo are completely revamping this feature for both iOS and Android (current accounts), although donā€™t expect this too soon!

1 Like

What is the current status of the Android app development? Are we going to get a version as sexy as the Apple one ever? How long will this take?

2 Likes

Properly not (to answer the second to last part of your question.) Both apps are made to take advantage of their respective systems, so for Android expect material design, for the iPhone app expect iPhone design sensibilities.

1 Like

Itā€™s not really about design but function. I see no reason that the same function cannot be implemented on both platforms. This strikes me as a profoundly apple fanboy answer

1 Like

The term sexy when used in the above context indicates design not functionality. I think you need to look at your own comprehension skills before accusing me of being a apple fanboy.

Even worse is the fact you are so wrong with the above statement itā€™s not even funny. I am a die hard Android userā€¦

3 Likes

I just switched from being an Apple ā€˜fanboyā€™ to Android - I love it for the most part due to the flexibility the OS offers and the quicker, more value for money adoption of innovative - but far from perfect - tech features like wireless charging and fast charge. That said, loads of the apps I use are far more sticky and glitchy than their iOS counterparts, which winds me up a lot.

Back on topic, I completely agree, in 2017 - almost 2018 - thereā€™s not much of an excuse as to why all features monzo offers canā€™t be applied to both platforms irrespective of the design or programming language used.

2 Likes

There will be feature parity further down the line Monzo have said.

4 Likes

One thing I struggle with is that at the end of the day, Monzo is a bank. Having targets and spending graphs is a financial tool provided only to Apple users. Itā€™s like going into a traditional bank and they donā€™t give me a contactless card because Iā€™m blonde.
For a bank that prides itself in being progressive and for the future, it seems to be missing a few of the fundamentals?

1 Like

@RichardJD

Relevant :grinning: