Feels like the iOS / Android disparity is growing not shrinking

I just want to nip this in bud here and say this is definitely, 100% not the case.
Furthermore, for us, the chosen platform of the user makes zero difference to revenues. Right now, we have negative unit economics meaning we lose money per user - doesn’t matter what platform. Our path to profitability will come from features and partnerships that have nothing to do with what operating the system the user is on.

We also very much have not deliberately assigned more resources to iOS compared to Android. That’s a total myth.

For a very long time we simply had more iOS devs than Android devs. This was also at a time when we were focused on shipping lots of features. By the time we hired more Android devs, work on features was paused to work on the migration to the current account.

Just to be clear - in the last 3 months alone on Android, we’ve shipped:

• Dismissible Feed Items
  • Data Export
  • Golden Ticket Banner
  • Transaction Help Screen
  • Deep Links to different parts of the app

And two more things are rolling out in the next week : Bank Statements, and the Pulse Graph!

At this point, we are very close to parity, but when people talk about a disparity, they are generally at this point just referring to one thing - Targets.

So, the issue there is that we are currently reworking Targets completely for both Android and iOS. We’ve got a whole new system that we’re working on. It completely replaces the old system. This is one of the biggest priorities on our product team right now, and it’s being developed simultaneously (in fact, the most recent product screengrabs I personally saw were Android ones). I’m not sure of the complexities of it and how much work there is left to do, but it’s a major milestone that we’ll hopefully be able to launch this summer :grinning:

17 Likes