Starling Feedback

Until this post, I’d not interpreted any post as sour grapes.

It’s a shame that some people keep trying to turn conversations into Monzo vs Starling.

Congratulations to both. That said, they both still have a long way to go to better First Direct in many ways. The poll shows that the top two have captured interest of many and that they have particularly vocal customers.

7 Likes

We’re in good company.

6 Likes

I read this purely on the fact that a public vote took place and first and second positions where taken by Fintech banks (.4% between)

First Direct who push a massive publicity campaign on them being voted best bank, where simply not the best bank !

Where did Monzo versus Starling come from. ?

Worrying though is that NatWest took best app. How did that happen ?

I use both Monzo, NatWest and till recently Starling

I have had to edit the above. For some reason I put Nationwide when in actual fact I hold an account with NatWest.
(Must of been before my first coffee input this morning)

2 Likes

No need to worry about Nationwide taking best app award as they didn’t, it was NatWest.

@patrice58

You are right and I have made a mistake in my bank naming

Meant NatWest not Nationwide

2 Likes

It’s all good, it’s not the end of the world. My response to your mistake was a bit mean and I apologise for that. :pensive:

2 Likes

No need

I should have double checked

But back to my original post how did NatWest beat two totally app orinetated banks

The NatWest app is very clean but is still very legacy in its functions

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

I was going to say the same. It’s not unpleasant but it’s not exactly an award winner (except it clearly is :flushed:)

Who is? I was addressing Graham’s comment about a lukewarm response from this community, that’s all.

Actually 24k votes in total seems pretty lukewarm to me, easily swayed by a reasonable advertising campaign.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t care about the award or how it was won :slight_smile:

It gave me something to make some noise about through my work, which was nice & awards are good for morale / industry recognition of Starling, I guess that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

Blimey
Don’t care
That’s a very blinkered opinion when talking about a buisness that needs to grow and generate income to sustain itself
First Direct have been thriving on the results from these award for years. Do they care ?

1 Like

I genuinely don’t believe that this award or any other (unless it includes a grant :wink:) is going to be a game changer for any of the banks on that list.

1 Like

Maybe not a game changer but it’s all about publicity and public opinion
FirstDirect thrive on the stats with all their marketing bumph which in turn makes people believe they are fantastic
I went with them and left quite sharpish because they where far behind the curve when comparing against Monzo and Starling for app functionality

2 Likes

I imagine they’ve been thriving on their level of service and personal recommendations. I’d never heard of these awards before now, but I’d certainly heard of First Direct and their good reputation.

3 Likes

You’re right, I’m sure, though this year, it’s an endorsement of the effort these two banks have made in shaking up the system.

An evening off to enjoy themselves. Now, next year, when Starling and Monzo have merged…who knows?

(That’s the touch-paper lit…:wink:)

1 Like

Wishful thinking
But what an idea !

Controversial :wink:

Here’s another prediction: one is bought out by a big bank (promising a reverse take-over but it never quite works that way), one ends up floating…

5 Likes

Funny you mention that, I’ve been thinking that with the announcement of Starling’s additional payment services, the two challengers have never looked less similar, in terms of their vision / strategy :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit - added text in italics.

4 Likes

It would confuse the heck out of a lot of customers though :thinking:.

@alexs’ observation is interesting
"two challengers have never looked less similar"

2 Likes