Starling Feedback

Starling techies had been in to GPS in the past and worked with the GPS staff on their systems, so it is highly likely it will impact them differently if something has been permanently tweaked for them.

1 Like

Starling have just added merchant logo/address feedback in the app:

Whatā€™s New in Version 0.41.0
Kicking off the new year this release includes:
ā€¢ You can now submit logo, name and location improvements for your transactions via the app by selecting the ā€˜three dotā€™ overflow menu.
ā€¢ Those having trouble submitting the USA for their foreign tax responsibilities can now do so. Youā€™ll be asked for your tax identification number.
ā€¢ The exchange rate for transactions abroad now shows to 4 decimal places.

3 Likes

@GalaxyMergirl - you might be interested in that second to last oneā€¦

2 Likes

They need to test the layout of their app on iPhone X.

I would have been, but not after the posts from Anne a couple weeks agoā€¦

Thanks tho!

2 Likes

> ...Tandem Finance, which recently bought Harrods Bank, Starling Bank and Redwood.

I did not know that starling is owned by tandemā€¦

From: https://news.sky.com/story/atom-bank-founder-thomson-to-quit-uks-first-app-based-lender-11221336

1 Like

:grin::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll give them some free copyediting:

Among the industryā€™s other new players are Tandem Finance (which recently bought Harrods Bank), Starling Bank and Redwood.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

That makes a lot more sense. Bloody sloppy journalism from sky news and they wonder why their credibility is in free fallā€¦

1 Like

There should have been a semicolon after Harrods Bank not a comma.

The importance of proper punctuation can not be overstated.

3 Likes

After Harrodā€™s what?

1 Like

The news article said ā€œā€¦Tandem Finance, which recently bought Harrods Bank, Starling Bank and Redwood.ā€ but needed to say ā€œā€¦Tandem Finance, which recently bought Harrods Bank; Starling Bank and Redwood.ā€ as without a semicolon it looks like they bought Starling and Redwood too!

Though, I am not sure if Tandem Finance did buy Harrods Bank or if it was actually Tandem Money that bought Harrods Bank!?

Tandem Finance is a Peruvian financial advisor company, Tandem Money is the UK firm running the aggregator app and credit card.

Really poor journalism.

1 Like

An Oxford comma should be used too since Starling and Redwood are separate entities:
Tandem Finance, which recently bought Harrods Bank; Starling Bank, and Redwood.

I know itā€™s a divisive topic but I will fight anyone to the death about the use of Oxford commas :boom:

12 Likes

Oxford comma? I thought it was called a semicolon.

An Oxford comma preceeds ā€œandā€ - it is different to a semicolon

Harrods Bank; Starling Bank = semicolon

Starling Bank, and Redwood = Oxford comma

1 Like

I literally had to ask Google this

Screenshot_20180125-193904__01

1 Like

Fair, just donā€™t start using Oxford spellings :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

The lack of an Oxford comma between sculptor and architect would change the meaning from two professionals to one who did both jobs.

Semicolon doesnā€™t work here because the last two banks arenā€™t part of a separate phrase. It should really use brackets as @mrw34 showed above.

2 Likes