Starling Feedback

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Monzo vs Starling - heart versus head

N26 launch Spaces, their version of Pots. Awkwardly this is going to be the new name for Starling Goals and Loans too.

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/getting-cosy-with-spaces/7059

4 Likes

Spaces :joy_cat:

1 Like

I thought Goals was already their version of Pots since ages ago? What changed?

1 Like

They are going to add loans so it will not be just Goals hence the name change I guess.

1 Like

“Spaces” for Starling will be the tab heading effectively - It will incorporate Goals and Loans (a little weird to have saving and borrowing right next to each other…).

N26 is using the word “Spaces” as it’s “Pots/Goals” implementation.

I could be entirely wrong - It’s all overly complicated at this point!

3 Likes

So the new Starling card is not only about nice colour and vertical orientation.

The chip had to be redisigned to allow for Post Office cash deposits. It is a good feature to have, if I am honest. :clap:

4 Likes

That’s interesting! Has Starling announced a partnership with the Post Office?

(And does that mean they’ll have to replace all cards, I wonder? I thought they were only changing the purple ones when they expired :thinking: )

Only new teal cards will work for PO deposits. The partnership to be announced soon:wink:

3 Likes

Interesting, that new cards are needed for this…

3 Likes

Yep - New cards will be needed for Post Office cash deposits (which is coming soon… this is their version of Monzo’s "Apple Pay is coming soon).

Interestingly, the new joint account cards haven’t been announced yet, so they’ll also need to be updated for the PO cash deposits.

3 Likes

Interesting that the :monzo: joint account card has a new style chip as well…

4 Likes

Nothing to do with the chip “style”, it’s purely down to the software on it. In fact, they should’ve been able to update the older cards via “issuer script” which is downloaded upon successful contacted transactions. :wink: They might still do it for older cards as I can’t see it being cost-effective to force the replacement of all cards.

7 Likes

I remeber @Rika saying it’s possible to do stuff like this when using chip and pin (including changing the pin in app and it pushing it to the card, but this is messy UX).
Must be quick to do it during the space of a transaction. I guess it’s only a few kB.

It makes sense for new cards to come pre programmed. I’m sure everyone’s will get an update.

2 Likes

Not everything can be changed via. issuer script. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to wildly speculate that to add this, they may have had to add another application to the card or change some card settings that are only able to be set at manufacturing/personalisation time. This would mean they couldn’t field-update existing cards.

10 Likes

But surely, any card worth its salt would be able to install additional applications remotely? I don’t see why you’d ever consider a card that can’t be fully updated in the field. I doubt there are security risks - the keys can still be protected (so like even the card’s code is unable to gain access to the keys directly, but only do crypto operations with them and get the results of those), and frankly if an attacker can send issuer script on your behalf you have more things to worry about already.

2 Likes

Ugh. Sent a message to Starling CS via the “Get in Touch > Send us a message” option yesterday at 2pm. It’s a simple question asking how to do something in the app that I can’t seem to find an answer for. Not a sniff of a response and it’s almost 24 hours later.

I sent a message as it’s not exactly urgent, so I don’t want to faff about tying up a CS rep in a chat, but I didn’t expect it to take this long. I’d ask on their forum but, you know – blah blah social logins blah.

So, can anyone tell me how to cancel a recurring transfer to a goal in-app? I’m on iOS.

3 Likes

Click on the goal. Click the scheduled payment(where it says it’s due next. The next screen allows you to amends or cancel - red text at bottom of screen

3 Likes

That is incredibly useful, thank you @zombi! Now I can cancel my scheduled payment!

That UI is terrible, though, there’s nothing to indicate you should click on it, it just looks like regular text (like the target amount to the left of it!). There is an “Add Money” button which is obviously clickable, but I had no clue you could do this.

Typically CS have replied, ONLY 22 hours later… * slow handclap * – I’ve told them to raise this as an issue, but somehow I doubt this will happen.

1 Like

Agreed it’s not obvious at all!