Starling Feedback

Is Monzo going to be featured on the programme as well? Starling will be on it, it seems. It should be interesting :nerd_face:

2 Likes

A friendly welcome from Starling

10 Likes

You could so troll the hell out of them out the windows!

Has anyone listened to it? Starling was featured heavily in the program. Nothing about Monzo :cry:

Some of the ideas like that guyā€™s from Handelsbanken lending only to people he knows in the local community and making sure that he can see smoke from the local bakeryā€™s chimney before he decides to lend to them are from the Victorian era.:joy: Open to discriminatory and prejudiced lending practices as hell.

Also, it was said that Starling has around 200 thousand customersā€¦

2 Likes

We used to have an office across the road from a competitorā€¦

Used to be quite funnyā€¦ as when employeeā€™s started to dislike the changes in one officeā€¦ theyā€™d get in touch across the road and get a new job there!

1 Like

Iā€™ve just had a listen but I didnā€™t hear that, if anyone who listens to this later could share the timestamp with me, Iā€™d appreciate it!

1 Like

9:12 @alexs :smile:

4 Likes

I wonder how many are active users weekly and monthly? I guess we will never know.

I have a feeling itā€™s quite high

We can treat this number as reliable. Anyone familiar with the existing procedures on reporting by BBC can guess they mustā€™ve been given an access to some Staling reports. Otherwise, they wouldnā€™t have mentioned it :face_with_monocle:

It was Anne who mentioned the figure so itā€™s reliable - assuming you trust her here
(which I do) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am afraid you are wrong @alexs. It is the reporter, not Anne, saying what the figure is.:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Eurgh youā€™re right, my bad :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to guess either itā€™s a timing issue, an app is going to be a bit bigger than a script that is changing a value or two; or it was considered unneeded functionality - you would need to be pushing apps and rolling out features more frequently than once every 3/4 years before you even consider needing it.

Bonus reading:
EMV Issuer scripts and how do they work

EMV v4.1 Book 3 (Section 6 for Issuer Scripts)
EMV v4.1 Book 2 (Section 9 for Secure Messaging)

2 Likes

Maybe this shows Starlingā€™s European expansion plans?
D86967F1-9920-46E2-9B00-67F38C09B052

5 Likes

Good spot! No Ireland? :thinking:

Iā€™m assuming that euro accounts are still coming first for UK residents, though?

1 Like

that is an odd oneā€¦the terminology I read was that it was coming first for UK residents with some sort of connection to Europe or need to send payments like those with properties abroad, so perhaps it will be phased in?

1 Like

Germany and France registered May. UK and Italy Julyā€¦

1 Like

Intriguing. I have skin in the game: I have an account in another EU country that Iā€™d like to upgrade - I wonder if I qualify? :thinking:

1 Like

Great find by @Ad13 in the Starling community there!

Strangely when I tried to register @StarlingBankUS it said the username had already been taken, even though it doesnā€™t appear in Twitterā€™s search results :thinking: oh well :grin:

6 Likes