Starling Discussion & Feedback

I opened a Starling account to use on a recent trip to SE Asia (why wouldn’t I want free ATM withdrawals). Based on that experience don’t think there is much between the apps (prefer Monzo but that may be down to familiarity), but Starling CS was shockingly poor.

I had a failed ATM transaction which still went through on my account - trying to get this refunded was painful. In-app chat is appalling over slow/intermittent connections so I sent messages. After a week and a half of chasing, it was only when I shamed them on twitter that they replied. Then the wrong transaction was refunded, which meant another few weeks of faff trying to sort this out when the refund was (obviously) rejected.

A really poor experience (worse than two legacy banks I’ve used) with no-one ever taking ownership of just getting the problem sorted. Put me off switching from Monzo to Starling for good.

7 Likes

Customer Service is the one thing Starling are working on extremely hard.

Doesn’t help people who have experienced poor CS, but should help moving forward.

3 Likes

Customer Service is the one thing Starling are working on extremely hard.

When did they say they were working on it? Because just a few days ago (have a look in the previous posts here) I had a shockingly bad experience given how simple my query was. To me it sounds just like the thing with their card processing outages, just apologies but nothing ever gets done.

4 Likes

18 posts were split to a new topic: Removed Posts - 9/8/18

Hey all :wave:

This conversation just got a bit heated, so I’m closing it for a bit so we can cool down. I’m also removing some of the recent posts. Let’s keep this conversation on-topic when it’s reopened.

Thanks.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 19 hours.

:grinning:

3 Likes

Some of them are lacking commitment compared to the guy second from left…

1 Like

That’s James. He’ll take that as a compliment methinks.:grin:

8 Likes

It was never intended as anything but!

(Now, how do we get a video of the Gurus performing the same Starling Wave?! :wink:)

2 Likes

It is very kind of Starling team… but at the same time… slightly embarrassing… :joy:

Hi Monzo please notice us, we are just over the road if you were wondering :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Trust me Peter, you don’t. :scream:

5 Likes

You won’t get the starling gurus performing. What about the coral crew waving. :wink:

3 Likes

I’d be up for a Coral/Guru wave off…

3 Likes

A coral vs Guru Ninja Warrior…

:thinking:

3 Likes

This could be a major challenger-bank event. Let’s get opinions…

7 Likes

Maybe Graham has a point.

Steady on…:flushed:

2 Likes