Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

That must be an error as the FCA banned that

9 Likes

They added Space pictures :relaxed:

For me, it’s similar to Monzo :grin:

3 Likes

Still not seeing these changes to Spaces on iOS, despite the app having been updated.

1 Like

After today’s :android: app update, I finally can read my Space names :nerd_face::+1:

They dropped shadows on names

2 Likes

Not much takeaway funds that :thinking: I’ve just spent Β£22 on a meal for one

Big fat feast

Had to throw in a spoiler seen as though it’s you

4 Likes

It’s only for takeaway :pound::grin:

Usually get a 1x kebab per week

Going out :pound: is different Space :wink:

1 Like

Please PLEASE stop using spoiler tags just because, it makes it a PITA to read the messages and serves no purpose. I dont even know what screen readers make of them either, some screen readers may not read the spoiler part or some could but its not easy to tell given the software out there and it could be affecting people trying to use this forum.

Use spoiler tags where its needed and not just for window dressing on a post.

9 Likes

I asked the other day. He just wants to deliberately annoy everyone.

Why is it so annoying?

2 Likes

Well for those who dont need a screen reader you have to spam tap/click just to read a post for no gain what so ever but I am more concerned for those that use screen readers which may not handle massive use properly and it could easily make it far harder for them to deal with. Some of the screen reader software I have seen has had enough issues without adding to the problem.
If they are not aware of the spoiler css it could just read the text out but worse if it is it could force people to confirm for every part of a message before it reads it out all for no purpose/gain.

I understand spoiler use for films or swearing but otherwise its hardly necessary and if it minimises accessibility issues for others its not really worth it.

1 Like

Screen readers follow cues from the website’s code, so this will be up to discourse, ultimately. Most screen readers will follow the instructions provided by the code.

For what it’s worth, I use screen reader software daily, and it does read the content of the spoiler tag. I use these tools a lot, mostly for testing my own products to ensure they operate as expected, but also because I absorb information better when it’s audible than through reading it.

Edit: just saw your more recent post! Don’t know why it didn’t show up before I posted my reply to your first, but yes, the concerns you raise there are absolutely valid. Whilst Monzo don’t have a rule against it, it’s just good etiquette not to abuse features like this unnecessarily.

3 Likes

With that childish attitude, done.
Goodbye.

Alternatively people could stop singling out an individual and get on with their lives. No one’s forcing you to read a post, if you don’t like something then skip past.

4 Likes

Whats with all the emojies :eyes:

2 Likes

Emojies just underlines concept :grin::wink::innocent:

So, back to the topic :sweat_smile:

How many personal accounts do you have at Starling?
I have all 3, all in use :pound: :euro: :pound:

I have none, all my banking needs are with Monzo
:moneybag::money_with_wings: :dollar: :monzo: :monzocard: :monzopride: :money_mouth_face:

10 Likes

You’re not the most useful person on a thread for discussing Starling then.

7 Likes

Please accept my apologies

1 Like

Not really…

2 Likes