Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

They’ve just ‘officially’ tweeted that this has now launched and is rolling out.

So, probably be available over the weekend.

3 Likes

C’mon Monzo. Please!

3 Likes

For me this will be the nail in the coffin for Monzo. If I don’t see JA VCs by the end of the month, I’m gone. This is the missing piece AND the fact it’s included FOC. Well played Starling :clap:

6 Likes

Perhaps you need to set your expectations somewhat. I’m going to go out on a limb and say it won’t happen in that time (particularly since VCs are linked to Plus and that’s not available on Joint). I won’t say it won’t ever happen, but definitely not in a month.

9 Likes

Just jump ship, talk with your feet.

7 Likes

Now just a joint overdraft, please, and the joint account is perfect.

5 Likes

If he’d said end of the year I still think that would have been optimistic.

6 Likes

I really wish Starling would offer an easy access savings product with a decent rate. Would happily move our joint account over to them if that were the case.

The virtual cards are a nice touch, but think would be too much of a hassle to convince my wife to start using them :joy:

3 Likes

Why is this the deal breaker for you?

Leave the savings wherever they are, it’s an extra couple of clicks/minutes to get that money to Starling if you need to?

8 Likes

Exactly what we do, cash savings in Monzo, all joint spends etc in Starling.

No one bank is going to market leader on everything. Just take the highest rate where they are.

2 Likes

Didn’t copy them on the charging for a free service though ehh? (opening banking)

Of all the things on your list, the only one with even a little credibility is the card colour… And even that is tenuous.

2 Likes

Get over it mate. Plenty of things Starling do that Monzo don’t - that’s obvious.

The point is, Anne spouts garbage :+1:

3 Likes

Agreed. Especially if we’re going to get that pedantic, Revolut did the bright card gradients first, so it’s not like it was Monzo’s original idea; they copied it first.

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I’d move it to chip personally, better rates

2 Likes

I shall have a look.

2 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

Noticed these new T&Cs about Account Information Services and talks about accounts with other providers

1 Like

I wonder if that’ll be hidden by a paywall cough

I wonder if they’ll implement a credit score tracker you can get free elsewhere too :joy:

1 Like

does starling have the correct merchant information yet? every time i would made a purchase at a Tesco it would always display the wrong store miles away or if i was paying at a pub it would display the head office of the pub rather than the specific location i paid in? kind of a deal breaker for me having inaccurate information like that