Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

The what?!

Agree, the fact both Monzo and Starling are both doing really well is a good thing. Tribalism over a bank is ridiculous in my view, but particularly when both are disrupting the market and are challenging the status quo.

12 Likes

My comment was not tribalism just an fyi. It was pointing out the fact that someone was saying starling stole ideas from Monzo. I was pointing out that starling was and is at the forefront of inovation in british banking. A little bit dense if you think otherwise.

I couldnt care much about either bank nor have any intrest in which is better or the whole vs thing. Shows the mentality of people on here that they took my comment like that. Lack of objectivity clearlyā€¦

2 Likes

For me I couldnā€™t care a flying fig about who was or wasnā€™t first. It really doesnā€™t matter unless you are in some sort of playground fight which this seems to have descended into. The positives are that we are getting ā€˜modernā€™ banking which we need, transfers which happen within minutes, great detail on what and where you have spent the cash and in some instances (Chase for example) fantastic overseas exchange rates.

So for me anything that has brought this about is a bonus and as someone mentioned earlier Apple rarely appear ahead of the game but when they join it they normally do it better.

2 Likes

There two very different banks appealing to two different market segments, the only connection now is there app based.

What Iā€™ll say about the Monzo of 2020, is it smacked of a business that had lost hope, where Starling of 2023 needs a new voice whilst drifting in mid table

5 Likes

Put that in your feedback to Anne, its her claiming first all the time.
I am not sure why you would moan about people here pointing that out as bad.

Chase uses the Mastercard rate doesnt it? like Monzo/Starling and the rest have for years so I not sure why you would pick out Chase as an example given the other fintechs having been using that for literally years.

2 Likes

Why Chase? Well MSE says something along the lines of ā€˜near perfect exchange ratesā€™ Iā€™m happy with that.

As to the other stuff, like I said I really am not interested as long as the banking ā€˜experienceā€™ improves for all.

Grab it. Before it scone :man_facepalming: :rofl:

9 Likes

Starling also released their financial report.

(For comparison) this person also did a thread on monzo

6 Likes

Any idea what that is about?

Are they the same shapes as the virtual cards? More virtual cards?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the signs on the virtual cards yes, wonder if itā€™s joint account versions coming soon.

Edit:
Joint account virtual cards are live! Just checked in my app.

8 Likes

I was going to say joint account virtual cards. Theyā€™re the same icons.

2 Likes

How did you get to them? Iā€™m fumbling around in the app and canā€™t see any options to create one

1 Like

Space - Manage Space - Create Virtual card at the bottom.

Probs phased rollout.

3 Likes

Finally! Iā€™m sick of having to use my otherwise empty personal account VC for subscriptions. Not live for me yet but Iā€™m happy with this addition.

1 Like

Anyone else got joint VC yet? Still nothing on my app. :woozy_face:

Literally five posts above yours.

? I asked if anyone else had got them, I know @Carlo1460 all ready said he has.

2 Likes