Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

It was just @j06 quoting it, no drama

3 Likes

Ohhh does it? I’ve never noticed! :joy:

Edit:

Ah so it does. Though to be fair I’ve never read any of my statements on any bank/app as it’s all in the feed.

Revolut splits them off by Vault/Pocket which is probably better for someone like me if I did want to take a look.

I think monzo splits them out too?

1 Like

This didn’t happen for me a couple of months ago. They were not on the main account statement and didn’t show up via Open Banking, either.

I like Starling’s approach to the statements. At the end of the day, the account is just one entity; the Spaces are just proper subdivisions in my own app. No one else needs to see me slicing and dicing my own finances.

If Monzo split them apart to this extent, why not just assign account numbers to them?

7 Likes

I don’t know about Monzo Plus, but on the ‘free’ Monzo if you have bills to be paid out of pots, it seems to be that when the payment is due, the money is transferred back to your main account and shows up in your main feed.

So, in my ‘Bills’ pot all I see if money transferred in to cover the bills, and then in the feed of my main account I see 2 entries - one showing the transfer from the bill pot into the main account and then a second showing the actual payment.

ie

Credit Card £25
Bills +25

Starling does keep the payments made out of my Bills space in the ‘Bills Space’ feed and doesn’t list them on the main feed. The actual ‘formal’ statement that you can download though just lists everything (which makes sense as that’s based on your account number).

3 Likes

I definitely prefer Starling’s method of displaying it, compared to Monzo’s. The feed can get so cluttered with Monzo’s way.

9 Likes

Totally agree :blush::+1:

2 Likes

Any potential news or updates on an Instant Access Saver with a good interest? Their fixed rate is quite poor, they should also bump this up too.

No news on anything Starling since the piss poor fixed saver and virtual cards. Very slow to add new stuff in my opinion.

4 Likes

$14.6bn…:thinking:

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

Quite the jump from $3.3bn

1 Like

Starlings valuation is a bit different as there aren’t a ton of VC raises to compare it to

3 Likes

That’s upsetting, not even a form of credit or anything. I love Starling and the UI, customer service is amazing but the bank feels so basic.

3 Likes

It is very basic when compared to Monzo especially.

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately. I was thinking Monzo → Starling but the lack of the facilities is upsetting to be honest.

1 Like

Wouldn’t say basic, just sufficient.

Monzo is manic having changed banks many times :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Has the fixed saver and option to open new accounts also disappeared for other users?

When I tap open new account I’m usually presented with Euro account option etc.

But instead get a “We can’t open any new accounts for you” message.

1 Like

Really? Do you have a screenshot of it or something? I’ll double check in a second, but when did this get produced? After you typed in the sum you wanted to deposit, or just before?

I don’t get the option when I go to open a Space.

1 Like

Just taken this screenshot.

3 Likes