Starling Bank Discussion: Part 2

So they’ve updated Santander having in-app cheques, but nothing else that I can see. Not even the logos for Santander and Monzo, despite Santander’s changing years ago now.

1 Like

Yay! They’ve updated the Santander and Monzo logos!

But not Monzo with Samsung Pay yet

These are obviously minor things, which is probably why I’m more surprised that they actually listened and fixed (most of them) within a few days. The logos really didn’t matter, especially when Santander probably are still using their old logo in a few random places, so it’s good to see Starling take the time to get this right.

4 Likes

They’re probably watching this forum lmao

1 Like

Maybe there are no official confirmation about Samsung pay support ? Just checked Monzo website and can’t find information about this

2 Likes

This is in Samsung Wallet so shouldn’t be too tricky for them to find it

1 Like

Good of you to ensure Starling’s website is high quality. Sterling work @Lightning720.

This teal background designed specially for Starling?:)))
I haven’t received email about Samsung wallet, but my wife successfully added her card

2 Likes

in that case virtual cards on pots are useless to me can I create one for security to my main balance, thanks. :wink::heart:

2 Likes

If there reading this can they update there logos on the app.

2 Likes

You recently moved from Monzo? Starlings feed looks awful since they moved to a new payment processor. Even large retailers have no logos and “proper” names

3 Likes

Quite honestly it looks crap.

Names are not even correct in quite a few cases or completely butchered.

1 Like

Is this a side effect of moving in-house? All their merchant data broken?

(Did they tell you they’d moved processor, btw? I hardly use my account but I don’t recall a notification).

1 Like

I am sure there was an article about it somewhere. I noticed the logos were all missing and strange.

Not sure. Everything was fine till I requested and activated a new card….

1 Like

It’s not terrible on data, though I only shop at basic places for the majority.

3 Likes

My recent Asda transaction… aDsa…

3 Likes

Is your Asda new?

2 Likes

No… same Asda

I had all logos with my old Starling card. I activated a new card and most logos disappeared.

3 Likes

How strange!

I know there were some changes last year at some point but they seemed to happen over the same card for me.

2 Likes

So I had the great idea of opening an Additional personal account with Starling with the intention of using it as my outgoings account - where all my DDs, SOs, and debit card subscriptions come from - nicely organised into various spaces.

I’ve since come to realise that the Additional account isn’t quite the same as the main account (no virtual cards, no CASS, etc), so I’m now not sure if it has other restrictions.

Does anyone know if I get my salary paid into my original Starling account, can I automate a bulk transfer to the Additional account and then once there, automate splitting it up into multiple spaces?

I’ve kind of lost sight of why I’m doing this now. Am I just making more work for myself for no real benefit?

2 Likes