✨ Spring cleaning: making it easier to manage your account & see Pots payments

I can see a place for both types co-existing. We have two different types of pots now - internal and external - and while it wouldn’t be helpful to proliferate too many variations I can see a way forwards from where we are.

For what it’s worth, my non-budget savings are elsewhere again but that’s more because I tend to keep them in jointly named accounts “just in case” rather than under my individual control.

Edit: If staff want more info on my methods, the Coral Crew Slack channel is always available for these sorts of discussions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::innocent:

2 Likes

This may be the case for yourself but id say alot of people will be like myself and only have normal pots due to how bad the interest rates are for interest bearing pots.

Its a good first step and i like the layout but the feeds data need to be a bit better and more informative within the standalone feeds

1 Like

Quite a lot of talk about paying cpas from a pot. Worth noting you can already do this elsewhere.

1 Like

If they change the way payments from pots works then this will be easy. I haven’t seen any discussion of it recently though. (It must be a few days back - it’s a big thread now.)

Edit: I should add that I maintain my view that CPAs in their current form are a crime against banking and should be banned.

6 Likes

They’re not great but Direct Debits are a pretty clunky process & despite giving the customer more protection they can also have their own problems

1 Like

True enough, but at least the bank know they exist and has a gatekeeping role in the maintenance of them which means they can be canceled fairly easily.

Banks still have a duty to cancel CPAs but cancelling something you have no visibility of or gatekeeping role in managing is an impossible ask at the best of times. By definition, when a CPA needs cancelling, it’s probably not the best of times.

2 Likes

I think they’re a nasty thing at times because most people tend to use the one account, one card model.

You can see this through the success of the likes of Klarna in getting their money back.

The split drawer in Labs is making the app incredibly slow. I’ve had to turn it off it’s that bad. Latest iOS TestFlight

5 Likes

insert loud shouting and arm waving

This is no better really. There are issues swiping between pots and the main account, switching to the manage tab etc.

Unfortunately I think I’m going to have to switch back.

3 Likes

Performance also bad for me on iOS. For context I have iPhone 11 on the latest iOS with latest Monzo version. Instead of turning it off I hid most of my pots and left only two I actively manage daily. This fixed the performance issues.

The app is fast for me with the new tabs with main account with bills pot for DD, 1 other then joint account with a DD pot then a 3rd party bank account and a credit card.
The lag I do see is on my main account when I switch to manage and scroll down where I suspect the app is checking if I have gambling blocks etc turned off and processing it.

2 Likes

Loud and clear, thanks for this everyone! We’ll look into it :+1:

If you’ve got a spare moment, please could you share your app version with me? (From your accounts list, settings cog on the top right then scroll all the way down)

6 Likes

App Version: 3.81.0 #740

2 Likes

I’ve had so many app crashes the last 2 days, at least six

Nothing is triggering it. I’ve had notifications that Monzo has crashed unlocking my phone, looking at the bbc site, after approving an Asda transaction yesterday and having gone back to the Asda app etc

Version 3.81.0

1 Like

Thanks. Using 3.81.0 #740

2 Likes

Mine works fine with slide drawers switched off in Monzo Labs :joy:

Mine works fine with them switched on!

3 Likes

It’s weird how it can vary from phone brand to phone OS🤷‍♂️

I chose to disable it because I didn’t like the upgrade, not cos of any app sluggish activity

I have no speed issues on latest iOS and latest TestFlight, I don’t like it though, even on the 12 Pro it feels like the new tabs just use too much screen real estate. Might be better if they remoed the blue buttons too, but for now I don’t like it at all.

4 Likes

I’ve had it enabled through labs for a few days on Android Samsung galaxy S21 on Android 11 and not seeing any performance issues.

Really enjoying the new layout and looking forward to what will follow.