✅ Split a transaction into different categories

Sorry, I read it too quickly. You are right!
That would be a neat feature. Looking forward to hear if many others would want this :raised_hands:

Exactly @davidwalton . This is my main concern about the transaction view/analysis on Monzo. Ans it could be breakpoint when comparing with other budget apps like Emma, Yolt or Money Dashboard .

This is something thats previously been raised here

Currently it has 99 votes also so is pretty popular, get voting there if its something youd like monzo to implement

Also if one of the coral crew could maybe merge the two threads that would be nice. @Rat_au_van @Peter_G

Thanks Nathan - I missed the reference to that previous topic!

(I voted in that one too… shame on me :cry:)

1 Like

I was going to do it earlier but I was watching a programme about the Normans. BBC4 is frighteningly addictive

2 Likes

I am disappointed that splitting a transaction between different categories isn’t already an option. I hope it becomes one soon.

Hi @arthur-ceccotti. Nice to meet you :slight_smile:
This seems to be a high-value feature, where the customers are continuously asking for since 2017.

So now, I guess, the Monzo development team had a good time understanding the requests and capabilities of the system.

Could you check and tell us how feasible is this feature and if Monzo is interested to supply this demand?

Cheers!

1 Like

You might feel that it is in high demand but it’s not even in the top 10 on here I’m afraid :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Anyone know how to actually get the top ten now out of curiosity? :thinking:

Cant for the life of me figure it out

Here you go :slight_smile:

https://community.monzo.com/c/feedback/35?order=votes

1 Like

Not so bad… 13th… just need double our votes. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve just seen that the top 2 are pretty much done so it has gone up a little in the rankings already :wink: :laughing:

That’s interesting! I am also a long time YNAB user and have been obsessed with the categories. I have now started implementing a different budgeting style (though very similar) on top of YNAB, and use the master YNAB categories to roll up the granular categories.

Hi @Monzo . Is there any chance do develop this feature on Monzo itself?

The only workaround I can do here is to use a 3rd party app, like Money Dashboard, where I can split the value into many values.

Be sure to vote for it at the top :point_up: and who knows… fingers crossed they will if enough do :crossed_fingers:

Relevant post… and it will hopefully bring the discussion around the below comment over here in its rightful place.

2 Likes

Looks to be coming in plus. Logical addition

Sad to see it paywalled but lets hope they make it worthwhile paying for

It’s possible it will be part of their core budgeting revamp they once suggested?

1 Like

Any of the above is possible. Who knows :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Changed the title from :soon: to :white_check_mark: since this is included in new plus.

2 Likes