Sort scheduled payments into date order?

Mine are alphabetically for those on the 1st, followed by the 3rd, followed by the 5th, so seem to be in order.

Strange :thinking:

I’m on Android - the top section ‘Scheduled payments & standing orders’ are in date order, closest date for payment at the top, furtherst date of payment away at the bottom. Just how it should be.

But…

The lower section ‘Subscriptions and Direct Debits’ are in psuedo-alphabetical order. I say psuedo because Paypal mysteriously appears at the top of the alphabetical list. But it’s a drag to scan through when you are checking dates.

Admittedly, less of a drag with bills pots as it sort of automates this for you so you don’t have to think about when a payment is to be made!

1 Like

I’m on Android. All mine are alphabetical.

For me, scheduled payments and standing orders are by date, Subscriptions and Direct Debits are alphabetical (aside from a group of merchants that want to sit at the top for some reason). As @davidwalton described.

Mine on iOS are fine and in date order

Yes, subscriptions and DD is the section that’s alphabetical, I should have been more specific. I’ve made edit in original post.

2 Likes

I knew this subject sounded familiar…

1 Like

I couldn’t work out from the thread if that got picked up by monzo, was being considered or got lost in all the other ‘wants’ :thinking:

1 Like

The more times it is mentioned (and voted for), the more exposure it’ll get.
I’ve voted here too :+1:

Mine are all in date order, except MBNA which is shoved one place down out of order.

However, that’s a new DD that has only had two payments and the backend may not have learned that’s a monthly DD yet (hence the Last Paid label rather than the Monthly label).

Edit: actually the EE one isn’t showing as Monthly and that’s been active for a good chunk of time, so god knows what’s going on

I too find the alphabetical listing of the subscriptions and direct debits annoying as it makes it hard to figure out what Monzo is anticipating is due to come out of my account over the rest of the month.

How much more than the £0 for the next 28 days on the home screen do I need? What payments are due to come out? Are the questions I’m trying to answer.

A bills pot will answer all these questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

A Bills pot with all assignable D/D’s, S/O’s & scheduled payments assigned, plus an amount which covers the total of all unassignable payments (CPA’s) placed in the Bills pot will totally ring-fence all outgoings.

The only negative is that you must manually move a CPA payment amount from the Bills pot to the main account once the CPA has been paid from the main account. Everything else is automatic.

This also makes your left-to-spend figure accurate too (so long as you don’t have any budgets set)

1 Like

The hard part is that at least half of the payments are CPAs. I’m also weary of the bills pot in that it there isn’t enough in there then the payment could get rejected rather than using the overdraft. The pots also make it harder to track the balance with my accounting software (MoneyWell) as they are effectively a separate account, whereas Monzo is my mostly build account.

This is what I use my Santander 123 Lite account for.

I make one deposit a month from Monzo to Santander and then my DDs and CPAs come out of that account.

Just finding it tidier atm tbh.

Takes it from your main balance if this happens.

Eg

Only had £4.34 in my bills pot at the end of the month but the DD went through.

2 Likes

All bills are paid from the main account - even if a Bills pot is in use. All the Bills pot does is to automatically move the exact amount from the pot to the main account just before the planned payment is made from the main account. So if you don’t have enough to cover a payment in the Bills pot, it will still be paid. Unless you don’t have enough in the main account or overdraft to cover it.

I used to think the same way (using YNAB), then realised it’s easier to ignore what amounts are in pots and just track the main account, manually creating entries for movements to/from pots from/to the main account. There’s a hack to have YNAB auto-enter all transactions from your Monzo (main) accounts, so my finance-tracking life was made incredibly easier with this.

1 Like

If you don’t have enough in your bills pot it will take the remainder from your main balance. Which includes your overdraft :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not have an overdraft on any of my current accounts.

Never have.

Don’t believe in them.

1 Like