Sort scheduled payments into date order?

Hi all,

I was using iOS where on the Monzo app all upcoming scheduled payments were in date order (which makes perfect sense) but I’m now on Android. Within the app on Android, upcoming payments are in alphabetical order regardless of when they are next due.

Is there any reason for this as having due payments in the other which they are to be taken (iOS) makes way more sense than alphabetical (Android).

:+1:t3:

1 Like

Unfortunately there’s a variety of parity issues between iOS and Android on the monzo app. Yours is already in the list which you can see at

3 Likes

On the scheduled payments list it is currently split SOs and DDs alphabetically. Is there a way to sort by date due instead?

If you use a bills pot they get sorted by date and the ones that are still due get separated out too.

Hi I don’t use a bills pot, just normal.

Then there is no other way I’m afraid.

Mine have always been sorted by date due and I don’t have a bills pot.

The Android experience (Joint Account):

Payments Tab → SCHEDULED:

Top section (Scheduled payments & standing orders) = Alphabetical
Bottom section (Subscriptions & Direct Debits) = Alphabetical

Bills pot → Manage:

Top section (which represents ‘Scheduled payments & standing orders’) = Chronological
Then following this, but without any indication of the start of different entry types (Subscriptions & D/D’s), all other entries = Alphabetical

It’s very messy. They all need to be in Chronological order in both the Scheduled payments tab and the Bills pot. And where transactions have the same date, group them alphabetically.

Here’s a visual of the Bills pot and how it shows both Chronological (top) and Alphabetical (bottom) with an imagined separation line:

2 Likes

Agreed or at least have an option to sort them that way. Thanks for replying.

1 Like

iOS displays scheduled transactions in payment date order

Bill pots will change your life!

(Okay they won’t really, but I think they are wonderful, helpful and would help you get around this issue)

2 Likes

Yeah Android behaves differently regardless :person_facepalming:

One day it might get sorted but it’s been a long time coming so far.

2 Likes

Ah that may be why, yes I’m android.

2 Likes

I wonder how many of you out there look at your scheduled payments and wish you could sort them by expected date? Currently its pretty difficult to track the order they come out. What says you Monzo? Can you do it?

EDIT: This refers to specifically the subscriptions and direct debits section under scheduled payments on Andriod.

They are already

At least for me

1 Like

Already been suggested in July 2019

https://community.monzo.com/t/sort-scheduled-payments-into-date-order/72268

And mine are in date order on android

Awesome, I’ve upvoted.

@Sydogma

Are you on iOS or Android, as latter seems to have that already?

I’m on iOS so it’s available for both

1 Like

I’m on Android but they appear by name order