Sky Glass and Sky Stream

The adapter seems to have sorted out my sound problems and not had any issues since adding it.

2 Likes

Sky have lowered the prices by a few quid. Guess I need to see how easy it is to get the new price.

How do you switch to Sky Stream if you’ve already got Sky Q? People mention that they’ve done it but, when I try (just to get an idea of the prices), it says that I’ve already got the best experience with Sky Q and will only let me choose Sky Glass!

EDIT: Don’t try to switch online

I switched to Stream from Q in October, shortly after Stream launched.

It took a very long phone call though, and thankfully the Sky employee on the other side of the call got what I was trying to do. I’m glad I invested in the time - and saved £24 per month compared to Q for the same features.

EDIT#2: When asked why I wasn’t considering Sky Glass, my response of ‘I already have too many TV’s in the house’ met with a laugh and we continued on…

2 Likes

I wondered whether this would have to be the approach. Sky Q is working OK for me but the box can be a bit unreliable and needs a reboot sometimes. It looks like I’d save about £8 per month for the basic package, Cinema and UHD, though.

2 Likes

I tried to get a Sky package with 900mb to be told they had “sold out” of the 900mb package and all they could do was a 500mb. I literally laughed on the phone and the guy too thought it was ridiculous but computer say no so I didnt go ahead.

1 Like

They ran out of 900mbps…?

Is there a tree somewhere we dont know about?

4 Likes

:rofl:

I kid you not, the guy didnt realise I knew a bit and when I laughed he confessed thats what they were told to say. He also had the line to say it was their best seller so it was sold out.

I suspect they underestimated demand and didnt want to black friday discount anymore so removed it for now.

1 Like

Having looked at all the complaints about Sky Stream on their community forum and considering that you now have to pay £5 per month to skip ads, I’ll not be switching from Sky Q.

Coincidentally (or not) I’ve just recieved a survey from sky about adverts they show on their channels.

Looks like they actually are sold out so to speak! They’re out of capacity! Reassuring to know they don’t oversubscribe their service (more customers than they have capacity to handle).

4 Likes

Yeah I saw, supposedly some regions were having capacity issues as well.

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve seen but they have now released the box as a separate package

Strangely I’m able to hurt my SkyQ box by shaking my electric blanket? Possible interference?

It’s not the TV, as on YouTube or BBC iPlayer (TV apps) it doesn’t do it

Seems like a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HDMI cable.

1 Like

Yeah, the HDMI cable probably just needs replacing, it probably has no shielding

With the distance you are from it I half expect bare wires :joy:

This. Name and shame the manufacturer @andrew_fishy! Is it even CE marked?

I’m not sure,

I don’t know if it’s the one that came with the box or if it’s just really cheap generic one, probably the latter

There is no brand on it

The Sky ones have their logo on em. Pink on one end (should match the pink colour round the port on the box), black on the other. Unless it changed with sky stream.

2 Likes