Showing Remaining Days Until Withdrawals Abroad Reset

Halifax Clarity card ?

… fee free cash withdrawals are a bit misleading …though technically correct, you do not pay a fee to withdraw the cash - however … :slight_smile: - from their website -

"We don’t charge fees to withdraw cash with your Halifax Clarity credit card.

We won’t charge you a fee for getting money from a cash machine, however some ATM Providers may charge a fee for taking cash out.

Interest charges apply to cash you take out, from the day the cash is withdrawn.

Accepted wherever you see the Mastercard® sign at over 43 million locations worldwide."

from Halifax Clarity T and Cs

https://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/clarity-card/

for cash withdrawals you get a 2.95% non sterling transaction fee
and
a 3% minimum non sterling cash fee :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You don’t pay any interest if you use online banking or a debit card to pay off any withdrawals immediately, though :slight_smile:

That’s what I did for ages until monzo and starling came around, and it worked very well indeed :slight_smile:

Until this day I use my Halifax Clarity by default when I’m abroad, and starling for cash withdrawals. Monzo for the backup of the backup (I like that I can leave it frozen in the drawer / hotel safe, and activate it, should I ever need to :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I just preload balance so no interest. Any ATM operator fees are loaded into the transaction so if you hit one of those machines as far as I can tell you are going to be charged those no matter what card you use. (The card issuer doesn’t see them itemised to refund them)

so in effect you pay your money to Halifax before you withdraw your money from the ATM ? or as Nanos said pay it off immediately you withdraw it :slight_smile:

Oops, that’s gonna get your account suspended in no time,once they get onto what you are doing. Credit card providers really don’t like it when you do that…

(I read through the Halifax T&C the other day on an unrelated matter, and came across a clause that explicitly states that. So I’d really not recommend doing this, if you value your Halifax Clarity :wink: )

1 Like

A bit of both depending on how organised I am. Often just shoot the money over after a transaction. I guess they are making enough out of the card issuer fees to not worry about a FX margin etc.

1 Like

if that works for you :ok_hand:

Genius … you beat me to it, though I still tried to claim the little love hearts

1 Like

You can’t preload credit onto a credit card? Whyever not? When I lived abroad, I only got given a tiny credit limit, and the only way to stay under it was to do that.

2 Likes