"Sent From Monzo"

Sent by who cares

2 Likes

When ive been hammering on about monzo to my mates already and then they get a transfer where ive forgotton to put a reference and it says “sent from monzo” i think thats worse than blank for me personally.

For the same reason ive removed the sent from iphone from email signatures i dont want this as my default reference.

For those that dont care fair enough let monzo do this but this is something i dont want or signed up for so id like the ability to turn this off

3 Likes

Alternatively could there be a customizable field where I can put my own default? or alternatively just leave it blank

I really can’t believe what people moan about now a days, it’s there as a bloody example and it disappears as soon as you click on it.

Jeez this place sometimes

14 Likes

Example… or default though danny?

If it was just an example and didnt send then there would be no issue for me anyway

2 Likes

As @anon76813087 presumed correctly, I have no privacy complaint and am not suggesting there has been any sort of breach. My question is whether this “feature” takes into account the “Payments with friends” toggle that Monzo helpfully display under the heading “Privacy” in the settings.

Personally, I wouldn’t want my bank inserting their name into the reference field for the same reason I don’t have any default email signatures turned on (e.g. “Sent from my insert phone brand here”) and I don’t drive around with a dealership’s sticker on my rear window.

Do you remove the badges from the car as well? :eyes:

3 Likes

I knew someone once that bought really high end clothing and removed the badges/stitching. He said he bought the product because it was good quality, and didn’t feel like advertising their product for free. It’s a thing. These people exist.

6 Likes

I received a payment from someone with Monzo today and noticed the same thing, it’s a bit tacky I’m not a fan of it.

N26 do the same thing I’ve noticed if you don’t enter a reference - it doesn’t even tell you that it’s going to do it.

For example if someone was trying to track a payment sent to the them by you, they’d immediately see it was from your Monzo account. “Sent from Monzo” doesn’t provide much additional information, but it provides more than your name as the reference.

Honestly, I’m surprised people care that Monzo are doing this, even if it’s a “marketing ploy”. I don’t think it comes across as intrusive or spammy to the recipient so I see no reason for “Sent from Monzo” being better than your name.

Also isn’t it useful for Monzo users to have more of the people they send money to on Monzo so that stuff like Monzo-to-Monzo payments, Bill Splitting and Shared Tabs Cann be used with them?

1 Like

But you can remove it by clicking on it and typing a space.

Please replace it with something meaningful, a space helps no one

1 Like

I understand removing the labels from clothing because I might not want people to know I spend loads of money on clothes.

Maybe they don’t want people to know the use monzo. Maybe for £3 a month it could say “Paid with Monzo plus” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I could… but i believe i shouldnt have to

Same could be said for the referral links in the feed. They can simply be exed out but still people arent happy they were there in the first place

This:

2 Likes

Since when does the sort code of the sender show up?

Can’t think of any accounts where it doesn’t. Barclays shows the senders sort code and account number

2 Likes

Monzo also show it:

1 Like

Is that an incoming or outgoing payment?